Zhima Jie (芝麻街) is the Chinese co-production of Sesame Street. The show was produced from 1998 to 2001, for a total run of 130 half-hour episodes. There was an unsuccessful attempt to revive it for the 2004 season, however it returned in 2010 as Zhima Jie: Da Niao Kan Shijie (Sesame Street: Big Bird Looks at the World). The program focused on teaching basic skills, such as literacy, numeracy, and an appreciation of the arts.
Prior to the co-production, Sesame Street's 12th season had been dubbed into Mandarin in 1981 and distributed through CCTV.
Characters and new characters 
- Hu Hu Zhu
- Little Plum
- Da Niao - China's version of Big Bird
- Tiger Lily
- LaLa Ma (Dubbing) and Zhu Ming (Main Performer) as Da Niao
- Sesame Street School Readiness (11 titles)
- Sesame Street Thinking Child (6 titles)
- Sesame Street Learning Environment (4 titles)