Zhone Technologies, Inc. is a provider of telecommunications networking equipment founded in 1999. It is headquartered in Oakland, California. Zhone is ISO 9001:2008 certified in the manufacture and service of telecommunications equipment.
Corporate history 
Zhone was founded in September 1999 by former executives of Ascend Communications Jeanette Symons, Mory Ejabat and Robert Dahl.
Zhone acquired more than a dozen companies, including:
- Paradyne Networks, September 2005, Internet access
- Sorrento Networks, July 2004, Metro optical access
- Gluon Networks, February 2004, Switching and signaling gateways
- Tellium, November 2003, Metro optical transport
- Eluminant, February 2003, Access and transmission products
- vpacket, July 2002, VoIP
- Nortel Networks Access Node, August 2001, Digital loop carrier (DLC)
- xybridge, February 2001, Softswitch
- Optaphone Systems, February 2000, Wireless
- Roundview February 2000, IP and derived voice
- Premisys, December 1999, Integrated access solutions
- CAG Technologies, November 1999, Manufacturing
Zhone's SkyZHone Metro Wi-Fi System is approved by the Rural Utilities Service for use in rural areas.
External links