Zhongxiao Dunhua Station
Zhongxiao Dunhua Station
(Jhongsiao Dunhua Station)
|A train approaching at the Zhongxiao Dunhua Station platform|
|Address||No. 47, Sec. 4, Zhongxiao East Rd.|
|Opened||December 24, 1999|
|Line(s)||Nangang Line (BL11)
|Daily Ridership||73,690 (2011)
(Ranked 6th of 89)
|Operator(s)||Taipei Rapid Transit System|
|Zhongxiao Dunhua Station|
The Taipei Metro Zhongxiao Dunhua Station is a station on the Nangang Line (Blue Line) located in Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan. The station is located in the heart of Taipei's busy Eastern District.
The station is a three-level, underground station with an island platform and eight exits. It is located around the intersection of Zhongxiao East Rd. and Dunhua South Rd (hence the name of the station). It connects through the East Metro Mall to the neighboring Zhongxiao Fuxing Station.
- December 24, 1999: Begins service with the opening of the Taipei City Hall to Longshan Temple segment.
- May 3, 2009: A 62-year old woman jumped off Platform 2 and was immediately killed. The Taipei City Hall-Zhongxiao Fuxing segment was single-tracked until past midnight.
|B1||Mall||East Metro Mall|
|B2||Concourse||Lobby, toilets, one-way ticket machine, information desk.|
|B3||Platform 1||← Nangang Line toward Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center (Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall)|
|Platform 2||→ Nangang Line toward Yongning/ Far Eastern Hospital (Zhongxiao Fuxing) →|
- Exit 1: No.175, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4
- Exit 2: No.203, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4
- Exit 3: No.182, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4 (Ming Yao Department Store)
- Exit 4: No.166, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4 (San Want Hotel)
- Exit 5: No.148, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4
- Exit 6: No.219, Dunhua S. Rd. Sec. 1
- Exit 7: No.151, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4
- Exit 8: No.209, Dunhua S. Rd. Sec. 1
Around the station
- Dinho Shopping District
- Eslite Bookstore (Dunhua Branch)
- Sogo (Dunhua Branch)
- MING YAO Department Store - Exit 3
- Breeze Center (Zhongxiao Branch)
- The International Commercial Bank of China (between this station and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall Station)
- San Want Hotel - Exit 4
- Lee Shih-chiao Art Museum
- Fuxing Elementary School
- Renai Junior High School
- Zhongshan Hospital
- Renai Elementary School
- East Metro Mall (connects directly to the station, toward Zhongxiao Fuxing)
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhongxiao Dunhua Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations". Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Route Map: Zhongxiao Dunhua".
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|