|Zhou Chaochen (周巢塵)|
|Born||1 November 1937
Nanhui, Shanghai, China
Chinese Academy of Sciences
University of Oxford
Technical University of Denmark
United Nations University
|Alma mater||Peking University
Chinese Academy of Sciences
|Known for||Duration Calculus|
Zhou Chaochen is a professor from Beijing, China. He studied as an undergraduate at the Department of Mathematics and Mechanics, Peking University (1954–1958) and as a postgraduate at the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) (1963–1967).
He worked at Peking University and CAS until his visit to the Oxford University Computing Laboratory (now the Oxford University Department of Computer Science) (1989–1992). During this time he was the prime investigator of the Duration Calculus, an interval logic for real-time systems as part of the European ESPRIT ProCoS project on Provably Correct Systems.
During the periods 1990–1992 and 1995–1996, Zhou Chaochen was visiting professor at the Department of Computer Science, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, on the invitation of Professor Dines Bjørner. He was Principal Research Fellow (1992–1997) and later Director of UNU-IIST in Macau (1997–2002), until his retirement, when he returned to Beijing.
In 2007, Zhou Chaochen and Prof. Dines Bjørner, the first Director of UNU-IIST, were honoured on the occasion of their 70th birthdays. Zhou is also a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the highest honour for Chinese scientists.
Zhou Chaochen is married with two children.
- Chaochen, Zhou and Hansen, Michael R., Duration Calculus: A Formal Approach to Real-Time Systems. Springer-Verlag, Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science, An EATCS Series, 2003. ISBN 3-540-40823-1.
- "Zhou Chaochen 周巢尘". China Vitae. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
- UNU Rector appoints Zhou Chaochen as New Director for UNU/IIST, UNU-IIST, Macau, 1997.
- Jones, Cliff B., Liu, Zhiming, and Woodcock, Jim (editors),Methods and Hybrid Real-Time Systems: Essays in Honour of Dines Bjorner and Zhou Chaochen on the Occasion of Their 70th Birthdays, Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Theoretical Computer Science and General Issues, Volume 4700, 2007. ISBN 978-3-540-75220-2.
- "Mike Reed honoring Dines Bjørner and Zhou Chaochen at ICTAC". YouTube. 27 September 2007. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
- Members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Division of Information Technical Sciences, retrieved 2012-07-02.
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS) information
- List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Chinese scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|