||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Zhu Qi is from Xiangyun County in Yunnan, China. He graduated from the Central Communist Party College with a degree in Economic Administration.
- From January 1960 to June 1964, squad leader and company clerk
- From June 1964 to June 1965, squad leader and battalion secretary
- From June 1965 to June 1971, staff officer, operations and training section, regimental command department
- From June 1971 to October 1979, assistant chief and chief, operations and training section, division command department
- From October 1979 to October 1981, deputy chief of staff, division command division
- From October 1981 to July 1984, regiment commander (from September 1982 to July 1984 completed studies at the PLA Military Academy)
- From July 1984 to November 1984, division deputy commander
- From November 1984 to August 1985, division commander
- From August 1985 to April 1989, army chief of staff
- From April 1989 to June 1990, army deputy commander
- From June 1990 to March 1994, commander of the Guizhou province military area
- From March 1994 to January 1996, commander of [an unknown] army
- From January 1996 to March 1998, chief of staff for the Chengdu Military Region
- From March 1998 to January 2002, chief of staff for the Beijing Military Region.
- From January 2002, commander of the Beijing Military Region.
GEN Zhu Qi was promoted to MGEN in July 1990, LTGEN July 1997, and GEN in June 2004. A member of the 16th National People's Congress
- "Biography of Zhu Qi". China Vitae. Retrieved 29 April 2012.