|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
Zhuanghe City Government on Xinhua Square
Location in Dalian City
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||5 subdistricts
2 ethnic townships
|Municipal seat||Chengguan Subdistrict (城关街道)|
|• Total||6,968 km2 (2,690 sq mi)|
|• Land||4,073 km2 (1,573 sq mi)|
|• Water||2,895 km2 (1,118 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|Highest elevation||1,130.7 m (3,709.6 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||234.1/km2 (606/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Zhuanghe (simplified Chinese: 庄河; traditional Chinese: 莊河; pinyin: Zhuānghé), is a city in southern Liaoning province, People's Republic of China, located on the coast of the Yellow Sea. It is one of the three county-level cities under the administration of Dalian, the other two being Pulandian and Wafangdian.
Geography and climate
Zhuanghe occupies the northeastern corner of Dalian City on the Liaodong Peninsula, with latitude ranging from 39° 25' to 40° 12' N and longitude ranging from 122° 29' to 123° 31' E. It covers an area of 6,968 square kilometres (2,690 sq mi), 4,073 km2 (1,573 sq mi) of which is land; the natural coastline measures 285 km (177 mi). It borders Donggang City to the east, Pulandian City to the west, Gaizhou City and Xiuyan Manchu Autonomous County to the north, and Changhai County in the Yellow Sea to the south. Elevations increase from south to north, with the northern part of the city being part of the southern Qian Mountains; the highest elevation in Zhuanghe City is 1,130.7 m (3,710 ft).
Zhuanghe has a monsoon-influenced humid continental climate (Köppen Dwa), with long, cold, but dry winters, and humid and very warm summers. Due to the location on the Liaodong Peninsula, there is a seasonal delay in spring and summer, and extremes in heat are moderated; however, low temperatures peak in July. The monthly 24-hour average temperature ranges from −7.3 °C (18.9 °F) in January to 23.6 °C (74.5 °F) in August, and the annual mean is 9.08 °C (48.3 °F). Precipitation is generous but a majority of the annual total falls in July and Average. There is an average 2,415.6 hours of bright sunshine annually, and the frost-free period averages 165 days. Extremes in temperature range from −29.3 °C (−21 °F) to 36.6 °C (98 °F).
|Climate data for Zhuanghe (1971−2000)|
|Average high °C (°F)||−1.5
|Average low °C (°F)||−12.2
|Precipitation mm (inches)||7.0
|Avg. precipitation days (≥ 0.1 mm)||3.1||3.2||4.5||6.7||8.2||10.9||14.6||11.4||7.1||5.7||5.2||3.0||83.6|
|Source: Weather China|
- Chengguan Subdistrict (城关街道)
- Xinhua Subdistrict (新华街道)
- Xingda Subdistrict (兴达街道)
- Changsheng Subdistrict (昌盛街道)
- Mingyang Subdistrict (明阳街道)
- Anzishan Township (鞍子山乡)
- Taipingling Manchu Ethnic Township (太平岭满族乡)
- Buyunshan Township (步云山乡)
- Guiyunhua Manchu Ethnic Township (桂云花满族乡)
- Landian Township (兰店乡)
- Shicheng Township (石城乡)
Zhuanghe has a population of 900,000 and its area is 3,866 km2 (1,493 sq mi).
- Zhuanghe Bus Station
- Zhuanghe Railway Station
- Zhuanghe Port
- China National Highway 201, running parallel to G15 and through downtown
- China National Highway 305, of which Zhuanghe is the terminus, provides access to the interior of the Liaodong Peninsula, Yingkou, and points beyond before terminating at Linxi, Inner Mongolia.
- G11 Hegang–Dalian Expressway, the main road to central Dalian, passing to the north of downtown
A base of the national commodity grain, Zhuanghe has very abundant agricultural and natural resources. Besides, it is one of the most important fruit bases in eastern Liaodong Peninsula. The Port of Zhuanghe is under construction.
Zhuanghe is also increasingly promoting its furniture manufacturing industry. The Huafeng Furniture Manufacturing Company has been one of the largest furniture manufacturing companies all over the country.
The Huayuankou Industrial Zone in the western most part of Zhuanghe City is one of "Five Points, One Line" projects of the province.
The tourism has gradually developed to be rising support structure in the county.
- Chengshan Gucheng (Chengshan Ancient Town)
- Binyugou (Binyu Valley): Guilin of northern China
- Yinshatan National Forest Park
- Buyun Mountain, the highest peak in Dalian, at 1,130 metres (3,710 ft) above sea level, and Buyun Mountain Hot Spring