From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Opened||24 June 2012|
|Architect||Benthem Crouwel Architekten|
Ziggo Dome is a 17,000-seat multi-use indoor arena in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is named after the Dutch cable tv-provider Ziggo. In 2014, the Ziggo Dome Awards were announced, recognizing artists who performed at the arena.
- Marco Borsato was the first artist to perform at the Dome on June 24, 2012 with his "Dichtbij" tour. The American rock band Pearl Jam was the first foreign artist to play in the Ziggo Dome; they played two shows in June 2012 as part of their European tour.
- Pop star Madonna performed 2 sold out shows for her highly anticipated MDNA Tour on July 7 and 8, 2012.
- Lady Gaga performed 2 sold-out shows on September 17 & 18th 2012 for her The Born This Way Ball Tour. She sold-out the venue for the third time as she performed for her fourth world tour, ArtRave: The Artpop Ball on September 24, 2014.
- British rock band Muse performed one sold out show at the venue as part of their The 2nd Law World Tour.
- American R&B singer Beyoncé performed two back to back sold out shows at the venue on the 21 and 22 April 2013, as part of her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour. The singer will return to the venue for two more shows, on 18 and 19 March 2014.
- One Direction performed in the Dome on 3 May 2013 as a part of their Take Me Home Tour (One Direction). That show was sold out in less than 15 minutes and everyone wore orange. Rihanna performed in the Ziggo Dome with her Diamonds World Tour on 23 and 24 June 2013. The ziggo dome also hosted the hardstyle event 'Headhunterz: Hard With Style' presented by the entertainment enterprise Q-dance as well as continuing to host Q-dance's annual event "Qapital". The 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards where held here on 10 November 2013.
- The original name of the arena was "Music Dome". During construction, in 2009, the naming rights have been sold to Ziggo, the largest cable TV provider in The Netherlands. This is remarkable since cable TV service in the Amsterdam region is being provided exclusively by Ziggo's competitor UPC (a subsidiary of Libert Global).
- Miley Cyrus performed in the Dome on 22 June 2014 as part of her 2014 "BANGERZ World Tour". This was Cyrus' first concert in the Netherlands.
- Dutch megastar DJ Armin van Buuren sold out four shows for his Intense world tour on the 15 and 16 November 2013, including an additional two closing tour shows for 5 and 6 December 2014.
- Ariana Grande will be performing in the Dome on 28 and 29 May 2015 as part of her The Honeymoon Tour.
- U2 will perform four shows as part of their Innocence + Experience Tour on 8, 9, 12 and 13 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ziggo Dome.|