Zig Zag (1970 film)
|Directed by||Richard A. Colla|
|Produced by||Robert Enders
|Written by||Robert Enders (story)
John T. Kelley
|Music by||Oliver Nelson|
|Cinematography||James Crabe, ASC|
|May 1970 (USA)|
Kennedy plays Paul Cameron, an insurance executive who finds out he has a brain tumor. His family will receive nothing under his current policies, but there is a huge reward for information leading to the arrest of the murderer of a businessman. Cameron frames himself for the murder in the hopes of collecting the reward money for his wife in an anonymous bank account. Cameron is found guilty and sentenced to death, but then is cured of the disease, and escapes in order to find the real killer and clear his name.
The film has been remade in India four times:
- the Hindi film Majboor (1974)
- the Telugu film "Raja" (1976)
- the Tamil film Naan Vazhavaippen (1979)
- the Gujarati film "Naseeb No Khel" (1982)
- Movies: Herbert Solow Strives to Leave His Mark at MGM Herbert Solow and MGM Warga, Wayne. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 31 Aug 1969: j20.