|Founded||Warsaw, Indiana, U.S. (1927)|
|Founder||Justin O. Zimmer|
|Headquarters||Warsaw, Indiana, USA|
|David C Dvorak (President/CEO)|
|Revenue||US$ 4.62 billion (2013)|
Zimmer Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ZMH) is a publicly traded medical device company. It was founded in 1927 to produce aluminum splints. The firm is headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, where it is part of the medical devices business cluster.
In 2001 Zimmer was spun off from Bristol-Myers Squibb and begins trading on the New York Stock Exchange, on August 7, under the ticker symbol “ZMH”. In November 2011, the Company acquired ExtraOrtho, Inc. (ExtraOrtho). In January 2012, the Company acquired Reno, Nevada-based Synvasive Technology, Inc.
Zimmer designs, develops, manufactures and markets orthopaedics products like knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, foot and ankle artificial joints and dental prostheses. Zimmer has operations in more than 25 countries around the world (US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Deutschland, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latin America, Nedherland, Brasil, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain etc. and sells products in more than 100 countries.
On 24 April 2014, it was announced that Zimmer had agreed to purchase Biomet Inc. for $13.4 billion. In October 2014 however, it was announced that the EU’s antitrust regulators had opened an extensive investigation into Zimmer’s bid for Biomet due to concern that it would substantially lessen competition in certain markets. A decision was announced to be made on 16 February 2015.
Zimmer's 2013 sales were approximately $4.62 billion. The company is supported by the efforts of approximately 9,000 employees worldwide.
Zimmer leadership includes the following individuals:
- David C Dvorak, President/CEO
- Joseph A Cucolo, Pres:Americas Sales
- James T Crines, Exec VP:Finance/CFO
- Chad F Phipps, Senior VP/Secretary/Gen Cnsl
- Robert J Marshall Jr "Bob", VP:Investor Relations
- "2013 Annual Report" (PDF).
- Simon, Hermann, Hidden Champions of the 21st Century: Success Strategies of unknown World Market Leaders, London: Springer, 2009, ISBN 978-0-387-98147-5
- Michelle Fay Cortez. "Zimmer to Buy Biomet for $13.4 Billion Adding Orthopedics". Bloomberg.com.
- "EU regulators open extensive probe into Zimmer, Biomet deal" (Press release). Reuters. 3 October 2014.
- "Company Profile for Zimmer Holdings Inc (ZMH), Bloomberg".
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|