Location in Boone County and the state of Arkansas
|• Total||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Land||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||108.6/sq mi (40/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0058929|
Zinc is located at .(36.285384, -92.915419)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.9 km² (0.8 mi²), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 103 people, 37 households, and 23 families residing in the town. The population density was 39.1/km² (101.8/mi²). There were 35 housing units at an average density of 18.0/km² (46.9/mi²). The racial makeup of the town was 88.3% White, 1% Black or African American, and 8.7% from two or more races. 1.9% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 37 households out of which 64.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.2% were married couples living together, 16.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.6% were non-families. 19.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.45 and the average family size was 2.79.
In the town the population was spread out with 18.4% under the age of 18, 6.6% from 18 to 24, 25.0% from 25 to 44, 38.2% from 45 to 64, and 11.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 145.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 148.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $20,036, and the median income for a family was $18,250. Males had a median income of $10,194 versus $5,250 for females. The per capita income for the town was $9,999. There were 35.8% of families and 25.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including 43.0% of under eighteens and 63.7% of those over 64.
Zinc first appeared in the US Census in 1910. This says nothing about when the community began; it merely identifies when it was recognized in the US Census.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- US Census Bureau. School District Reference Map (2010 Census): Boone County, AR (Map). http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/dc10map/sch_dist/st05_ar/c05009_boone/DC10SD_C05009_001.pdf. Retrieved 20110628.
- Map of Zinc (US Census Bureau)
- Boone County Historical and Railroad Society, Inc.
- Bergman School District
- Town government information
- Detailed 2000 US Census statistics
- Boone County School District Reference Map (US Census Bureau, 2010)