जाइरो हवाई अड्डे
|IATA: ZER – ICAO: VEZO|
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Location||Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
|Elevation AMSL||5,403 ft / 1,647 m|
Zero Airport or Ziro Airport (IATA: ZER, ICAO: VEZO) is located at Ziro in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, India. In the past, Vayudoot and Air India used to operate daily flights to the airport. Jet Airways showed interest in flying into the airport from Delhi, but did not commence operations.
A Pre-feasibility study was conducted by the Ministry of Civil Aviation for improving the airport to accept ATR-42 class aircraft in 2008. The study found it unfeasible to extend the 1220 metre runway to accommodate a 50-seater aircraft, due to unauthorized constructions along the boundary wall. It was proposed that a new runway measuring 2010 metres be built on land adjacent to the current runway and all airport structures like ATC tower, fire station and terminal building be relocated.
Airlines and destinations
No scheduled commercial air service at this time.
- Zero Airport, official name as per Airports Authority of India
- "PM's Economic Package for arunachal pradesh 2008". Arunachal PWD. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Airport information for VEZO at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for VEZO at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Accident history for ZER: Ziro Airport at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|