|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Ziroobwe is located approximately 50 kilometres (31 mi), by road, north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. This location is approximately 38 kilometres (24 mi), by road, east of Luweero, the location of the district headquarters. The coordinates of the town are:00 40 59N, 32 42 04E (Latitude:0.6830; Longitude:32.7010).
Ziroobwe is a metropolitan area in Luweero District. The 28 kilometres (17 mi) Gayaza-Ziroobwe Road, which begins in Gayaza, Wakiso District, ends here. About 15 kilometres (9.3 mi), by road, south of Ziroobwe, is the location of the main campus of Bugema University, one of Uganda's private universities. Bugema University is affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The exact population of Ziroobwe is not known at this time.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found in or near the town of Ziroobwe:
- The Gayaza-Ziroobwe Road - The 37 kilometres (23 mi) road that connects Gayaza in Wakiso District to Ziroobwe in Luweero District ends here.
- The Main Campus of Bugema University - Located about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi), by road, south of Ziroobwe, on the Gayaza-Ziroobwe Road.
- Ziroobwe Central Market - The main market in town
- The offices of Ziroobwe Town Council
- A branch of Ecobank - Located at Bugema on the campus of Bugema University
- Luweero District
- Gayaza-Ziroobwe Road
- Bugema University
- List of universities in Uganda
- Central Region, Uganda