Zis Boom Bah
|Zis Boom Bah|
|Directed by||William Nigh|
|Produced by||Sam Katzman (producer)
Peter A. Mayer (associate producer)
|Written by||Connie Lee (original story) &
Harvey Gates (original story)
Harvey Gates (screenplay) &
Jack Henley (screenplay)
Peter Lind Hayes
|Cinematography||Marcel Le Picard|
|Edited by||Robert Golden|
Zis Boom Bah is a 1941 American film directed by William Nigh. The film is also known as College Sweethearts.
Tired of the road, she goes to visit her son, played by her real-life son Peter Lind Hayes, as Peter Kendricks, with her personal assistant, played by her real-life daughter-in-law, Mary Healy, as Mary Healy, in cognito.
Once there, she finds her son and the college “going to Hell in a hand basket” despite the earnest efforts of the kind hearted Dean, Richard "Skeets" Gallagher, as Professor Warren. The college and the old families are running out of money and spirit.
Grace buys the local diner, turns it into a version of her real-life club, encouraging the kids to give it the old college try, and put on a show to raise the funds and spirit the college needs to survive. It doesn’t take long, with a little elbow grease, for the kids’ heart to shine through.
The question remains whether the college will survive, or if the Dean, Peter and the kids will be joining Grace and Mary on the road.
- Grace Hayes as Grace Hayes
- Peter Lind Hayes as Peter Kendricks
- Mary Healy as Mary Healy
- Huntz Hall as Skeets Skillhorn
- Jan Wiley as Annabella
- Frank Elliott as Mr. Kendricks
- Richard "Skeets" Gallagher as Professor Warren
- Benny Rubin as Nick
- Eddie Kane as James J. Kane
- Leonard Sues as Noisey
- Roland Dupree as Pee Wee
- "Annabella" (by Johnny Lange and Lew Porter)
- "It Makes No Difference When You're in the Army" (by Johnny Lange and Lew Porter)
- "I've Learned to Smile Again" (by Neville Fleeson)
- "Good News Tomorrow" (by Neville Fleeson)
- "Put Your Trust in the Moon" (by Joan Baldwin and Charles R. Callender)
- "Miss America" (by Earl Hammand and Lee Ellon)
- Zis Boom Bah at the Internet Movie Database
- Zis Boom Bah is available for free download at the Internet Archive