The Zizzle company was founded in 2005 by Roger Shiffman, co-founder of Tiger Electronics, along with the marketing guru behind Furby, Marc Rosenberg. Shiffman credits his wife for the name of the company. The first toy released by the company was called "iZ", which received comparisons to the Furby. The company received licenses to produce toys for Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, and also Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer cartoons.
This company may no longer be in business. The website is no longer accessible.
Toys and licences
- Zizzle iZ Toy
- Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 1:18 scale action figures and playsets.
- Marvel Comics Zizzlingers
- Marriott, Michel. (2007-02-12) "Powered by Toys: The Story Continues" The New York Times Accessed on 2009-12-04.
- "A Happy Tune for Zizzle's iZ?". BusinessWeek. August 23, 2005. Retrieved December 4, 2009.
- Cole, Wendy. (2005-08-07) "Competition: Toyland's Savior?" Time. Accessed 2009-12-02.
- Levine, Greg. (2006-08-01) "Shiffman's Zizzle Enjoys Exclusive Disney 'Pirates' License" Forbes. Accessed on 2009-12-04.
|This article about a toy company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|