|Industry||Open source backup|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, CA, USA|
|Key people||Chander Kant, CEO|
|Products||Amanda Enterprise Edition
Zmanda Recovery Manager
Zmanda Cloud Backup
Zmanda Inc. is an Open Source and Cloud backup software company. It is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, USA.. In partnership with open source companies such as Sun and MySQL, the company contributes to many open source projects.
Open Source Projects
Zmanda develops and maintains the popular open source backup tools AMANDA and Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL. It was named one of MySQL Partners Of The Year in the MySQL Conference & Expo 2008 event. Zmanda also is the main sponsor of the open source ZCloud API which aims to enable any backup software vendor to seamlessly integrate its software with different public and private storage clouds.
Like many open source firms, Zmanda generates revenue by selling products built on the open source codebase as well as by providing services and support to those customers who buy these products. Zmanda offers an annual subscription fee model similar to those pioneered by open source leaders Red Hat and MySQL.
- Amanda Enterprise Edition
- Zmanda Recovery Manager
- Zmanda Cloud Backup
- List of online backup services
- Oracle and Sun Microsystems | Strategic Acquisitions | Oracle. Sun.com (2011-10-04). Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- Sun & Zmanda to Deliver Backup & Recovery Solutions for MySQL Enterprise. MySQL (2008-03-18). Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- zmanda (Zmanda, Inc.) 路 GitHub. Github.com. Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- [dead link]
- O'Reilly MySQL Conference & Expo 2011 - O'Reilly Conferences, April 11 - 14, 2011, Santa Clara, CA. Mysqlconf.com. Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- Zmanda Announces ZCloud API | Dr Dobb's. Drdobbs.com (2009-08-12). Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- ZCloud API. Zmanda.com. Retrieved on 2013-09-04.