|Birth name||Alice Adelaide Moser|
April 27, 1907|
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
|Died||February 1, 1993
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
In 1925 Mozert entered the Philadelphia School of Industrial Art where she studied under Thornton Oakley, a former student of Howard Pyle. She painted hundreds of magazine covers and movie posters during her career. Mozert frequently was her own model, using cameras or mirrors to capture the pose. Her paintings are best known for their pastel style and realistic depiction of women.
In 1941, Brown and Bigelow bought Mozert's first nude and signed her to an exclusive calendar contract. During the war, her pin-up series for the company called Victory Girls was published both in calendar and mutoscope-card form. In 1946, Mozert created the publicity poster for Republic Pictures' Calendar Girl, a movie about the Gibson Girl. That same year, she painted the pinups for the Errol Flynn comedy "Never Say Goodbye," in which Flynn played a pinup artist. (She also did the illustrations shown in the movie's opening credits.) By 1950, Mozert had become one of the "big four" along with Rolf Armstrong, Earl Moran and Gil Elvgren.
Some of Mozert's most famous works includes the poster for Paramount Pictures' True Confession starring Carole Lombard, the poster for the Howard Hughes film The Outlaw with Jane Russell, and her most popular image, Song of the Desert (1950).
- Emily Yellin (2005). Our Mothers' War: American Women at Home and at the Front During World War II. Simon & Schuster. p. 97.
- "The Arrow Beer "Nudes"". Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- Laurie Nienhaus (2007-04-01). "The Pin Up Girl: A Beautiful Memory". Archived from the original on 2008-04-05. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "True Confession". IMDb. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "The Pin-up Files". Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- The Great American Pin-Up, Martignette/Meisel (c) 2002 Taschen GmbH (ISBN 3-8228-1701-5)
- "Reel Art: Great Posters From the Golden Age of the Silver Screen," Rebello, Stephen (c) 1988 Abbeville Press (ISBN 0-8965-5986-90)