Zoe Smith at the London Youth Games
26 April 1994 |
|Residence||Abbey Wood, London|
|Height||1.59 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (130 lb)|
|Coached by||Andrew Callard|
|Updated on 25 July 2012.|
Zoe Smith (born 26 April 1994 in Greenwich, London) is an English weightlifter. She holds the British clean and jerk record. In October 2010 Smith won a bronze medal in the women's 58kg division at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India, her first senior international competition, to become the first Englishwoman to win a Commonwealth Games weightlifting medal.
London 2012 Olympic Games
In May 2012 Smith was chosen, as part of Team GB, to represent Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics in London. She competed in the Women's 58kg division and she took the British record with a clean and jerk lift of 121.0 kg (267 lb). The record previously stood at 119.0 kg (262 lb). With a snatch of 90.0 kg (198 lb) she was placed 12th in her weight-class with a total of 211.0 kg (465 lb).
- 2012 British clean and jerk record (London 2012 Olympics).
- 2012 European Weightlifting Championships: 4th.
- 2010 English Senior Championships: Champion.
- 2010 European Youth Championships: Snatch Bronze; Clean & Jerk Silver; Total Silver.
- 2009 British Junior Championships: Champion.
- 2009 British U17 Championships: Champion.
- 2009 World Youth Championships: 8th.
- 2009 European Junior Championships: 6th.
- 2008 European Youth Championships: Clean & Jerk Silver.
- 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games: Gold.
- 2008 BOA Athlete of the Year – Weightlifting.
- THE ENGLAND TEAM | Sporting Life | Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010, Medal Table
- Ben Dirs. "Olympics weightlifting: Zoe Smith hits back at Twitter critics". BBC Sport.
- Shah, Sonali (6 October 2010). "Commonwealth Games 2010: What makes Zoe Smith special?". www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Hart, Simon (6 October 2010). "Commonwealth Games 2010: Zoe Smith makes British weightlifting history". London: www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Starting Blocks athlete Zoe Smith selected to Team GB". www.grrewichstartingblocks.org. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Olympic weightlfting: Back to school for Olympian Zoe Smith". BBC News. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Team 2012 - Zoe Smith". www.telegraph.co.uk.
|This biographical article relating to sports in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|