Almonte with the New York Yankees
|New York Yankees|
June 10, 1989 |
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
|June 19, 2013 for the New York Yankees|
(through Through July 29, 2014)
|Runs batted in||11|
For the week of June 11-17, 2012, Almonte was named Eastern League player of the week. He was named player of the week of the International League on May 6, 2013. The Yankees promoted Almonte to the major leagues on June 19, 2013. Almonte made his Major League debut in the 2nd game of a doubleheader against the Los Angeles Dodgers the same day he was called up, grounding out as a pinch hitter in the bottom of the 9th inning. He got his first major league hit the next day against Kyle Farnsworth of the Tampa Bay Rays, a pinch-hit single off the third base bag. He hit his first major league home run the very next day off Roberto Hernández of the Rays. On July 20, 2013, Almonte was placed on the 15-day disabled list due to an ankle sprain. He was optioned back down to AAA on June 4, 2014 after only being called up the previous month. On July 9th 2014 Zoilo Almonte was recalled to the big leagues to replace Masahiro Tanaka who was placed on the 15 day DL. On July 13, 2014, Almonte was sent back down to AAA. On July 28, 2014 Almonte was recalled back up to the Yankees replacing pitcher Jeff Francis on the roster after Francis was designated For assignment and released. Almonte was designated for assignment on September 2n, 2014, and outrighted to AAA Scranton on September 5.
- Yankees add five players to 40-man roster/
- "Zoilo Almonte Earns EL Player of the Week | Trenton Thunder News". Milb.com. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Beverly Schaefer / For The Times. "Trenton Thunder outfielder Zoilo Almonte named Eastern League Player of the Week". NJ.com. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Almonte set to debut in Yankees' nightcap | yankees.com: News". Newyork.yankees.mlb.com. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zoilo Almonte.|
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)