|Date of birth||10 December 1984|
|Place of birth||Salgótarján, Hungary|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007||→ Stevenage Borough (loan)||2||(0)|
|2009||→ Southampton (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
He had a trial with League One side Huddersfield Town in January 2007, but the supposed end-of-season loan transfer collapsed mysteriously. In July 2007, he had a trial with Southend United, recently relegated into League One. Manager Steve Tilson said he desperately wanted to sign the 6' 4" defender after impressing in a friendly against Witham Town. The permanent signing of Liptak was completed on 24 July 2007 from Hungarian second division side Lombard-Pápa TFC for a fee of £52,000.
Lipták was sent on loan to Stevenage Borough on the 22 November 2007 for one month and made his debut in front of the Setanta Sports cameras against Altrincham in the 2–1 win on 26 November 2007. He joined Újpest FC in June 2008. In February 2009, he signed for Championship team Southampton on loan until the end of the season. He made his first appearance for Southampton against Preston North End when they won 3–1. The loan was terminated at the end of April 2009. He has had the honour of winning the Essex Senior Cup with Southend, in which he scored a dubious goal for the Shrimpers in the final against Chelmsford City.
Lipták was signed by Videoton in 2009. He became one of the most important parts of the defense of the club. He won his first Hungarian League title in 2011. During the coaching of György Mezey, he led the club to win the championship. Since the arrival of the Portuguese Paulo Sousa he has been left out from the squad. Although Lipták was a member of the Hungarian national football team, he could not play in his club. Therefore, he was released by Videoton a couple of days before the important Euro 2012 qualifier against Sweden. Lipták was not affected by the difficulties of his club and he played well during the two Euro 2012 qualifiers against Sweden and Moldova. He was a member of two important victories of the national side. In September, Lipták was on trial with Premier League club Swansea City.
Lipták signed a contract with Újpest FC.
He has gained 15 under-21 caps for his country. Lipták started his first full international game against England at Wembley Stadium. He played 55 minutes before being substituted, Hungary lost the game 2–1.
|1.||7 June 2011||Serravalle||San Marino||0–3||Win||UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying|
- "Deadline day deal done". Southampton F.C. 2 February 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2009.
- "Defender loan cut short". Southampton F.C. 29 April 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Champions Videoton proud of historic success". UEFA.com. 12 May 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Swans take Liptak on trial". swanseacity.net. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Swansea City take Hungarian Zoltan Liptak on trial". BBC Sport. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Swansea City linked with move for Hungarian defender Zoltan Liptak". Wales Online. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Swansea boss Rodgers runs the rule over free agent Liptak in bid to strengthen defence". Daily Mail. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "England 2-1 Hungary". BBC Sport. 11 August 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.