|Developer(s)||Six to Start with Naomi Alderman|
|Publisher(s)||Six to Start|
|Release date(s)||February 27, 2012|
Zombies, Run! is a video game developed and published by Six to Start with Naomi Alderman and Rebecca Levene for iOS and the Android platform. It was released worldwide for iOS on February 27, 2012. The game was funded by a Kickstarter campaign which raised more than five times what was expected, a total of $72,627 from 3464 backers in October 2011. The game was pre-released for some Kickstarter funders on February 12, 2012.
Zombies, Run! is an immersive running game. Players act as the character "Runner 5" through a series of missions, during which they run and listen to various audio narrations to uncover the story. While running, the player collects supplies such as ammunition, medicine and batteries, which can be used to build and expand their base. The app can record the distance, time, pace, and calories burned on each mission through the use of the phone's GPS or accelerometer. When using the GPS feature, the user can also opt to participate in a zombie chase which requires the player to run faster for a short period of time or be caught by zombies and lose their supplies, or even fail the mission. The app has 23 missions for season 1. Season 2 has over 60 missions.
The game's was conceived when writer Naomi Alderman was attending a running class. During the class, the instructor asked attendees why they wanted to run, and one answered, "I want to be able to out run the zombie horde."
- Philip Nightingale = Sam Yao
- Eleanor Rushton = Janine
- Victoria Grove = Paula
- Graham Hornsby = Ephraim
- Rhys Jennings = Jack
- Nick Kay = Runner 10
- Clare Kissane = Runner 8
- Olga Leon = Archie
- Thomas Nelstrop = Runner 3
- Nathan Nolan = Eugene
- Tracy Ann Oberman = Major de Santa
- Sally Orrock = Dr. Myers / Amber
- Amy Rockson = Zoe
- Jennifer Tan = Nadia / Jody
- Felix Trench = Phil / Pieter
- , June 14, 2012"Zombies, Run! on App Store Tweet". 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Zombies, Run! on Android".
- "Kickstarter: Zombies, Run!". Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Zombies, Run! Advanced Tweet". 2012-02-12. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- Anderson, Hephzibah (April 2, 2013). "Zombies change author Atwood in global apocalypse game". bloomberg.com. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- Saltzman, March (March 2, 2012). "Zombies, Run!: A creepy way to stay fit". USA Today. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- Moses, Toby (March 24, 2012). " "Zombies, Run! - review". The Guardian. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "The New Running Game Where 'Zombies' Chase You". All Things Considered (NPR). 2012-02-19. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Zombies, Run! Top Health App tweet". 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2012-03-19.