Zong mobile payments
|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, USA|
Zong is a mobile payment company that allows users to make micropayments on the Internet if they have a postpaid mobile phone. The payments are charged to their mobile phone bills by the mobile operator. The company was acquired by eBay in 2011.
Awards and recognition
Zong was awarded the 2009 Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Award for New Product Innovation in the Mobile Payments category.
Zong was recognized as one of the 2010 Lead411's "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies", a list of small, fast growing companies based in Silicon Valley.
- "Zong Lets You Bill Web Apps To Your Phone". TechCrunch. 8 September 2008.
- Fear not! Let’s get you on the right path, my friend: Consumers Zong Official Site
- McMahan, Ty (July 7, 2011). "EBay’s Zong Deal: Mobile Payments Are All Fun & Games". WSJ Blogs: Venture Capital Dispatch.
- Where to find Zong Zong Official Site
- Zong Awarded 2009 Best Practices Award for Product Innovation businesswire.com, December 21, 2009 09:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time
- Lead411 launches "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" awards