From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Zonnar)
Zunnar (also spelt "zunar" or "zonar"; Arabic: زنار zunār) was a distinctive belt or girdle, part of the clothing that Christians in Jerusalem were required to wear in order to differentiate themselves from Muslims.
Modern Usage 
- In the early 2000s, the Taliban in Afghanistan required Afghan Hindus to wear yellow badges.
- Medieval Sourcebook: Pact of Umar: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/pact-umar.html
- Taliban to mark Afghan Hindus,CNN
- Taliban: Hindus Must Wear Identity Labels,People's Daily
- US Lawmakers Condemn Taliban Treatment Of Hindus,CNSnews.com