A game of Zooloretto at Essen 2007
|Publisher(s)||Rio Grande Games
|Setup time||5 minutes|
|Playing time||30–45 minutes|
|Skill(s) required||Set collection, Tile Placement|
Zooloretto is a board game designed by Michael Schacht, published in 2007 by Abacus Spiele and in English by Rio Grande Games. The premise of the game is that each player is the owner of a zoo, and must collect animals in order to attract visitors to their zoo (thus scoring points to win the game). Having full, or nearly full, animal enclosures scores more points. However, if a player has too many animals such that they must be stored in their "barn", this causes them to lose points. Vending stalls also offer a means for players to score points with enclosures that are not full.
The method that players use to collect animals is based on the mechanics of the card game Coloretto (also designed by Michael Schacht).
Expansions and spin-offs
Numerous small expansions have been published, many of which are available for download (at no cost) at the publisher's website. These include extra animal enclosures, a petting zoo, restaurant, and souvenir shop, each of which offers different opportunities for players to score points. An additional large expansion, Aquaretto, can be played as a stand-alone game or in combination with Zooloretto.
Currently WhiteBear Studios is creating Zooloretto for Nintendo Wii and PC. The game has a single player campaign mode and a multiplayer mode. The game can be played (just like the board game) with five human players on a single Nintendo Wii. 
- Winner of the Spiel des Jahres 2007
- Winner of the Golden Geek Awards for Best Family Game and Best Children's Game
- 5th place Deutscher Spielepreis 2007
- Finalist Game of the Year in Finland 2007
- Spieleblitzlichter 2007
- Japan Boardgame Prize 2007 for Best Foreign Game for Beginners
- "'Zooloretto' Board Game from SpinBottle Games and Chillingo". 2009-05-23. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- "Domein geregistreerd | Modern Media - Internetbureau met passie voor online". Whitebear.nl. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Japan Boardgame Prize 2007 winners". Retrieved 2008-06-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zooloretto.|
- Schacht's Zooloretto page
- Zooloretto at BoardGameGeek
- Brief game review by Bruno Faidutti (in French and English)
- Pook, Matthew (2008-07-25). "Pyramid Review: Zooloretto". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-07-27.
- YouTube video of iPhone version