ZoomInfo is a vertical search engine focused on people, companies, and the relationships among them. Founded by Jonathan Stern and located in Waltham, MA, Zoominfo aims to engineer technologies that make their business information second to none.
Zoom Information Inc. was founded by Jonathan Stern (Founder, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Scientist) in 2000 as Eliyon Technologies Corporation. The company’s investors include Venrock Associates and Skeetnut Capital.
The site powers people searches for Amazon’s A9.com and Business Week. ZoomInfo also allows users to collaborate in the construction of its content by contributing information to their own profiles or building new ones where none exists. Their database holds 95 million profiles of business professionals and 7 million company profiles. The features of their site allow users to search based on name, company, location, and vertical segments to generate leads. ZoomInfo aims to be ubiquitous — fueling all places where B2B professionals tap into business data. Their vision is to be the sole provider of constantly verified information about companies and their employees, making their data indispensible — available anytime, anywhere and anyplace the customer needs it.
The company draws around 4.5 million monthly users and generates circa $12 million in revenue from its fee-based and subscription services. It currently holds 6 patents. 
- ZoomInfo Free Search
- ZoomInfo Pro
- ZoomInfo for Salesforce
- ZoomInfo Data Services
- Zoominfo Community Edition
- Zoominfo API
Competition and Customers
Millions of professionals access ZoomInfo each month. Customers include leading brands such as Amazon, E*TRADE, Microsoft, Time Warner, WalMart, Yahoo! and the world's top staffing and executive search services.
- "ZoomInfo Charts New World of Ads Based on "Business Demographics"". xconomy.com. 12/6/07. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Xing, ZoomInfo Partner". Web Pro News. June 14, 2007. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "ZoomInfo -Meta People Search Engine". Search Engine Journal. 2005. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "ZoomInfo Announces Free Tool for Job Hunters". MarketWire.com. Dec 8, 2009. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Why the web world matters". The Lawyers Weekly. May 28, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "ZoomInfo Provides Free Sales Prospecting Tool to Small Businesses". InfoToday.com. May 17, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "ZoomInfo Zooms Marketers to Prospects". SemanticWeb.com. Dec 4, 2008. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Hedge Professionals". Opalesque Solutions.
- "ZoomInfo". Zoom Information ,Inc.