Zoom Telephonics, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZMTP) designs and produces Voice over IP gateways, DSL modems, cable modems, dial-up modems, Bluetooth products, and other communications products under Zoom, Hayes and Global Village brands.
Zoom Technologies (NASDAQ: ZOOM) is a holding Company split from Zoom Telephonics in 2009 following a merger with the Chinese company Gold Lion Holding Ltd.with subsidiaries that engage in the manufacturing, research and development, and sale of electronic and telecommunication products for the latest generation of mobile phones, wireless communication circuitry and related software products. Zoom Technologies' current subsidiary, Jiangsu Leimone, owns a majority stake of TCB Digital, which offers highly customized and high quality Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers as well as its Own Brand Manufacturing (OBM) under the ZOOM, LEIMONE and LONGTEL brand names. The Company's products are both exported globally and sold domestically in People's Republic of China. Zoom Technologies also owns a controlling interest in Portables Unlimited LLC, a cellular service and products distributor in the U.S.
Zoom Telephonics is headquartered in Boston, and its European sales and support center is in the UK. Zoom markets its products in over forty countries, and provides multi-lingual support from its offices in Massachusetts, and the United Kingdom.
- revenue = US$306 million (2011)
- operating_income = US$6.857 million (2011)
- net_income = US$3.018 million (2011)
- assets = US$182 million (2011)
- equity = US$76.779 million (2011)
- num_employees = 1,800 (Dec 2011)
- 3G Modems and Routers
- ADSL Modems/Gateways
- Cable Modems
- Dial-Up Modems
- Wireless-G LAN Products
- Bluetooth Audio Products
- Bluetooth Wireless Products
- Voice over IP
- OEM Products
- "Zoom Technologies, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Jan 7, 2013". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 16, 2013.
- "Zoom Telephonics, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Mar 31, 1997". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 16, 2013.
- "Zoom Telephonics, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Apr 16, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 16, 2013.