Official film logo
|Directed by||Byron Howard|
|Produced by||Clark Spencer|
|Written by||Jared Bush|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios
Zootopia is an upcoming American computer-animated comedy-adventure film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. The film is being directed by Byron Howard, and will be the 55th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. It is scheduled to be released by Walt Disney Pictures on March 4, 2016.
A fast-talking fox, named Nick Wilde, lives in the animal city of Zootopia, divided in neighborhoods like Tundratown, Sahara Square, Little Rodenta, and Burrowborough. Wilde goes on the run when he's framed for a crime he didn't commit. Zootopia's top cop, a self-righteous rabbit, named Lt. Judy Hops, is hot on his tail, but when both become targets of a conspiracy, they're forced to team up and discover even natural enemies can become best friends.
- Jason Bateman as Nick Wilde
On August 9, 2013, Disney announced at D23 Expo that director Byron Howard (Bolt, Tangled) is directing an animal's world comedy adventure film with a working title Zootopia from Walt Disney Animation Studios. The film is scripted by Jared Bush, is scheduled for a March 2016 release. Jason Bateman was reportedly in talks to voice a character in the film. According to Howard, Zootopia will be different from other animal anthropomorphic films, where animals either live in the natural world or in the human world. The concept, where animals live in a modern world designed by animals, was well received by chief creative officer John Lasseter, who lifted Howard "in the air like a baby Simba," when he proposed the idea for the film.
Zootopia will be released on March 4, 2016.
- Yamato, Jen (November 10, 2014). "Disney Dates 2016 Animated Pics ‘Zootopia’ & ‘Moana’". deadline.com. Retrieved November 10, 2014.
- Bahr, Lindsey (9 August 2013). "Disney Animation preview: 'Frozen,' 'Big Hero 6,' at Disney's D23, Plus 'Zootopia' announced". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Graser, Marc (9 August 2013). "D23 Expo: Disney Reveals Animated ‘Zootopia’ for 2016". variety.com. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Kilday, Gregg (December 4, 2013). "Pixar vs. Disney Animation: John Lasseter's Tricky Tug-of-War". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- Kit, Borys (May 3, 2013). "Disney, 'Tangled' Director Plot New Animated Feature With Jason Bateman (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 1, 2013.