June 23, 1961
Subotica, SR Serbia (now Serbia)
|Area(s)||Penciller, inker, colorist|
Adventures of young John Difool
Zoran Janjetov (Serbian Cyrillic: Зоран Јањетов; born June 23, 1961) is a Serbian comics artist. Janjetov is among most prominent comics creators of former Yugoslavia, published worldwide. He is best known as the illustrator of Avant l'Incal and The Technopriests, written by Alejandro Jodorowsky.
Janjetov started to draw at very early age with strong support from his parents. His father, an architect by profession, gave him the knowledge needed to start his career. Young Janjetov was influenced by the works of Walt Disney, and had already made his first short comic at age seven.
After finishing high school, he continued his education at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad, where he graduated.
Career in comics
|This section requires expansion. (October 2014)|
From 1981 to 1995, Janjetov worked on the Bernard Panasonik, published in magazines Yu strip magazin and Vreme zabave.
In 1983, Janjetov became a vocalist for the art rock band Heroina. With the band he recorded one self-titled album, produced by Mitar Subotić and released in 1985. The album artwork was designed by Janjetov.
- Bernard Panasonik, series (1981-1995) Yu strip magazin and Vreme zabave; collected in album (2003), System Comics, Serbia
- Les Deux Orphelins (1988), republished under the title Adieu le père (2002)
- Détective privé de classe “R” (1990)
- Croot (1991)
- Anarco-psychotiques (1992)
- Ouisky, SPV et homéoputes (1993)
- Suicide Allée' (1995)
- Les Technopères written by Alexandro Jodorowsky, colored by Fred Beltran, Les Humanoïdes Associés, France
- La Pré-école techno (1998)
- L’École pénitentiaire de Nohope (1999)
- Planeta Games (2000)
- Halkattraz, l’étoile des bourreaux (2002)
- La Secte des Techno-évêques (2003)
- Les Secrets du Techno-Vatican (2004)
- Le Jeu parfait (2005)
- La Galaxie promise (2006)
- Les armes du Méta-Baron : Vol. 1 (2004), written by Alexandro Jodorowsky, co-drawn with Travis Charest, Les Humanoïdes Associés, France
- El Gladiator contre Mango (2010), written by Jerry Frissen, drawn by 38 artists, Les Humanoïdes Associés, France
- L'Ogregod, written by Alexandro Jodorowsky, Delcourt, France
- Les Naufragés (2010)
- Sans futur (2012)
- Heroina (1985)
- Peter Nicholls, John Clute (1993). New Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. p. 1362.
- Zoran Stefanović, Zdrako Zupan, Živojin Taburić (2011). Stripovi koje smo voleli: izbor stripova i stvaralaca sa prostora bivše Jugoslavije u XX veku. Belgrade: Omnibus. p. 75-77.
- Janjetov biography on Lambiek Comiclopedia
- Janjatović, Petar (2007). EX YU ROCK enciklopedija 1960-2006. Belgrade: self-released. p. 100.
- Heroina at Discogs
- Interview with Zoran Janjetov, by Christophe Labussière, Premonition Magazine (English)
- International bibliography at Comic books database (partial) (English)
- Zoran Janjetov bio-bibliography at Les Humanoïdes Associés, official page of the publisher (French)
- Comics Culture in Yugoslavia: World-Class Innovators & Remarkable Visionaries by Paul Gravett