June 23, 1961
Subotica, SR Serbia (now Serbia)
|Area(s)||Penciller, inker, colorist|
|Notable works||The Technopriests
Adventures of young John Difool
Janjetov is among most prominent comics creators of former Yugoslavia, published worldwide. He is best known as the illustrator of Avant l'Incal and The Technopriests, written by Alejandro Jodorowsky. In 1986 Janjetov was chosen by Moebius to continue his work The Incal.
At very early age he started to draw with strong support from his parents. His father, an architect by profession, gave him the knowledge needed to start his career. Young Zoran was influenced by the works of Walt Disney, and had already made his first short comic at age seven.
After finishing formal schooling, he continued, mostly at his parents' will, to be educated at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad, where he graduated. There he met again his childhood friend Mitar Subotić Suba (alias Rex Ilusivii) who was already a known musician and producer. Together they explored visual arts and music.
- Bernard Panasonik, series 1981-1995, from Yu strip magazin and Vreme zabave; collected in album, „System Comics“, Serbia 2003.
- Les Deux Orphelins 1988. republished under the title Adieu le père in 2002.
- Détective privé de classe “R”, 1990.
- Croot, 1991.
- Anarco-psychotiques, 1992.
- Ouisky, SPV et homéoputes, 1993.
- Suicide Allée', 1995.
- Les Technopères written by Alexandro Jodorowsky, colored by Fred Beltran, Les Humanoïdes Associés, translated in U.S. as The Technopriests
- La Pré-école techno, 1998.
- L’École pénitentiaire de Nohope, 1999.
- Planeta Games, 2000.
- Halkattraz, l’étoile des bourreaux, 2002.
- La Secte des Techno-évêques, 2003.
- Les Secrets du Techno-Vatican, 2004.
- Le Jeu parfait, 2005.
- La Galaxie promise, 2006.
- Les armes du Méta-Baron : Vol. 1 (2004) written by Alexandro Jodorowsky & co-drawn Travis Charest, Les Humanoïdes Associés
- El Gladiator contre Mango (2010) written by Jerry Frissen and drawn by 38 artists, Les Humanoïdes Associés
- L'Ogregod, written by Alexandro Jodorowsky, Delcourt
- Les Naufragés, 2010.
- Sans futur, 2012.
- Entry: "Yugoslavia", New Encyclopedia of Science Fiction, by Peter Nicholls (Editor), John Clute (Editor), 1993, p. 1362. ISBN 978-1857231243
- Entry "Jugoslovenski SF strip" in Enciklopedija naučne fantastike. 1, A-Lj, by Zoran Živković, 1990, pp 333-335. ISBN 86-07-00494-8
- The Comics We Loved: Selection of 20th Century Comics and Creators from the Region of Former Yugoslavia (Stripovi koje smo voleli: izbor stripova i stvaralaca sa prostora bivše Jugoslavije u XX veku), a critical lexicon, by Živojin Tamburić, Zdravko Zupan, Zoran Stefanović with foreword by Paul Gravett, "Omnibus", Belgrade, 2011, pp. 75-77 (Serbian and English) ISBN 978-86-87071-03-2
- Biography Lambiek Comiclopedia (English)
- Interview with Zoran Janjetov, by Christophe Labussière, Premonition Magazine (English)
- International bibliography at Comic books database (partial) (English)
- Zoran Janjetov bio-bibliography at Les Humanoïdes Associés, official page of the publisher (French)
- Comics Culture in Yugoslavia: World-Class Innovators & Remarkable Visionaries by Paul Gravett
|This profile of a comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|