||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (July 2014)|
|This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. (July 2014)|
Zota HealthCare Ltd is a pharmaceutical company, which has its headquarters in Surat, Gujarat, India. It is one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in India with 23 divisions. Zota HealthCare has more than 3,300 brands in the Indian market.Turn over in 2013 was near INR 1 billion.
Zota HealthCare (ZHCL) was founded in 1995 by Ketan Zota. He completed his diploma in Pharmacy at L.M. College of Pharmacy in 1987. Initially Ketan Zota start a small medical shop named "Ketan Medical" in Surat, Gujarat, but his goal was to found his own pharmaceutical company. In 1995 Ketan Zota started his own pharmaceutical company, Zota Pharmaceuticals. In 2005, Zota Pharmaceuticals became Zota HealthCare Pvt. Ltd. (ZHCL). In 2009, ZHCL achieved private placement as a public limited company and made a limited public share offering, although members of Zota family remain the largest shareholders. Ketan Zota, Founder and Managing Director, remains the main share holder, followed by managing directors Manukant Zota, Himanshu Zota, and Kamlesh Zota.
Mile Stones / Achievements
Major milestones and achievements of Zota HealthCare and the Zota Group of Companies:
- 1995 - Zota Pharmaceuticals founded.
- 1998 - ATOZ Pharmaceuticals division created.
- 2002 - Zota Pharmaceuticals completed its first merger with Sayona Pharmaceuticals (Baroda).
- 2005 - Zota Pharmaceuticals becomes Zota Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- 2006 - Zota HealthCare Pvt. Ltd. inaugurated its corporate offices in Surat.
- 2009 - Zota HealthCare Pvt. Ltd. allotted a limited number of pubic shares and became a public Ltd. company, Zota HealthCare Ltd. (ZHCL)
- 2011 - ZHCL expands business beyond India to South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, and Kazakhstan.
- 2012 - ZHCL receives its first ever patent of RT-Fit for liver psoriasis.
- 2013 - ZHCL nominated for the 2013 Emerging India Award (among 500 Indian companies).
- 2013 - ZHCL elected from among 800 global pharmaceutical companies by the European Patent Office (EPO) geneva for tele research.
- 2013 - ZHCL received a second patent of GM-Fit for joint pain management.
- 2013 - ZHCL applied for a special use patent for the drug, Diclofenac.
ZHCL manufactures a long list of branded medicines, generic medicines and even patent products in India. As of October, 2013, ZHCL's main area of focus is on patent products, including RT-Fit and GM-Fit. Each has their own research and development center. RT-Fit is approved by PCT (Patent Corporation Treaty), and can be sold by ZHCL in 142 countries. ZHCL intends to apply for 15 more products for a patent in Indian market, seven of which will be sent to PCT for approval. 
Future plans of ZHCL
Surat—based pharmaceutical company Zota Healthcare is planning to come out with an initial public offering (IPO) in an another six to seven months (April or May 2014). The company has plan to raise Rs. 4-5 billion from an IPO and to invest Rs. 600-700 million for its research and development (R&D). It has also planned to explore business opportunities in the US and Europe market.
Ketan Zota, Chairman and Managing Director, Zota Healthcare said, "At present, we have planned to invest four to five crore in our existing R&D centre. But after the IPO we will be investing Rs. 60-700 million for the R&D expansion. We will be filing Draft Red Herring Prospectus (DRHP) in an another six months time". 
- Zota HealthCare Ltd. "Official Web Site". Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Express, Pharma. "Zota Healthcare applies for patent in pain management". Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- High Beam Research. "Wipo Publishes Patent of Zota Health Care". US Fed News Service, Including US State News. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- pharma, biz. "Zota targets overseas market for its amino acid combo for alcoholism". PharmaBiz. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Express, Pharma. "Zota Healthcare raising an IPO". Retrieved 20 October 2013.