||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Date of birth||11 August 1986|
|Place of birth||Paris, France|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Current club||Leicester City|
|2007||→ Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)||0||(0)|
|2014||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||1||(0)|
|2007–2008||Cote d'Ivoire U23||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:42, 21 January 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
He featured in seven games for Millwall in the first half of the 2006–07 season, making his competitive debut on 22 August 2006, in a 2–1 win over Gillingham at The New Den in the League Cup First round. Following Willie Donachie's appointment on 22 November, he was only to make three further appearances that season. In January 2007 he was sent on loan to Brighton & Hove Albion. He suffered a nightmare season on the south coast where, despite staying at the Withdean for the rest of the season, he played no first team games due to an ankle injury and international call-ups.
On 1 September 2009 it was announced that Tranmere Rovers had signed Bakayogo on a free transfer until January 2010. He had a successful start at Tranmere with two man-of-the-match performances. Speculation was rife that Bakayogo would leave Prenton Park at the end of his short term deal with several clubs showing an interest in him. Leeds United and Southampton were clubs that had been mentioned as supposedly wanting to sign the defender, however at the end of December 2009 it was announced that the player had agreed a new deal until the end of the season. He signed in time to be included in the squad for the 3rd round of the English FA Cup, playing against Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers. He played well at left back in a game Tranmere lost 1–0.
Impressive performances earned him a new contract offer in May 2010 He signed a new one-year contract on 6 July 2010. Parry added: "I'm delighted Zoom has decided to stay at the club. He was one of our most consistent performers last season and he has a fantastic attitude in training and around the ground."
Ronnie Moore the Tranmere manager confirmed that Zoumana Bakayogo was leaving the club at the end of the 2012/13 season. This was confirmed with the signing of left back Evan Horwood from Hartlepool United FC and when he did not return to pre-season training in June 2013.
On 17 January 2014, Bakayogo joined Yeovil Town on a month-long loan deal as cover for the injured Liam Davis. Bakayogo made his Yeovil debut against Birmingham City, on 18 January 2014, in a 2–0 win but ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament after just 37 minutes and returned to parent club Leicester.
Although born in the French capital Paris, Bakayogo is of Ivorian descent and is thus eligible to play for their national side. He was part of the Côte d'Ivoire under-23 Olympic side and played again African rivals Senegal on 22 August 2007 in a qualifier for the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- "Albion tie up Bakayogo loan deal". BBC Sport. 26 January 2007. Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- "Brighton to wait for Bakayogo bow". BBC Sport. 20 March 2007. Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- Barnes Signs Defender Bakayogo Say Reports
- Tallentire, Mark (21 October 2009). "John Barnes declared bankrupt by a Liverpool insolvency court". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 20 April 2010.
- "Bakayogo extends Rovers stay". Sky Sports (News International). 28 December 2009. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "Parry offers six Tranmere deals". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 11 May 2010.
- "Bakayogo signs one year deal". Sky Sports (News International). 7 July 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "Exeter 1 -1 Tranmere". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 1 March 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "Tranmere Rovers extend Zoumana Bakayogo contract". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 3 May 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "Zoumana Bakayogo: Leicester City sign former Tranmere man". BBC Sport. 22 July 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Transfer window: Yeovil Town sign Leicester's Zoumana Bakayogo". BBC Sport. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Zoumana Bakayogo: Leicester defender's Yeovil loan ended". BBC Sport. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Bakayogo zooms in...". millwallfc.co.uk. 14 Aug 2007. Retrieved 15 July 2009.