Laczkó playing for Vasas SC
|Date of birth||18 December 1986|
|Place of birth||Szeged, Hungary|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left wing back
|2007||→ Levadiakos (loan)||7||(0)|
|2008||→ Leicester City (loan)||9||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Vicenza (loan)||13||(0)|
|2013-2014||→ Padova (loan)||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
He was a free agent and joined Olympiacos's pre-season training. Laczkó was given a trial period in which he played in two friendlies – one of which he scored in – and impressed Olympiacos coach Takis Lemonis enough to be rewarded with a contract with the club. On 25 July 2007, he signed a four-year deal with the club, but was subsequently loaned out to fellow Super League side Levadiakos shortly after signing.
Loan to Leicester City
On 17 December 2007, Laczkó joined Leicester City on trial, and he was signed on loan on 4 January 2008 for the remainder of the season, with the club having the option to buy him for a pre-determined fee. Issued the number 32 shirt, both he and compatriot Gábor Bori (who joined the following week) were keen to earn permanent deals to stay at the club. Laczkó made his debut in a 2–0 win over Coventry City on 12 January, receiving a standing ovation from the home fans when substituted. Then-manager Ian Holloway described him as "absolutely outstanding." Laczkó made his only assist for the club against Norwich City on 16 February, setting up Stephen Clemence's goal in a 4–0 win. He played a total of nine league games as Leicester were relegated at the end of the season; a permanent deal never took place.
He returned to Hungary after failing to establish himself as a first team player with Olympiacos, signing for Vasas SC for whom he played for one season before joining Hungarian champions Debreceni VSC in August 2009.
Zsolt Laczkó played 35 matches and scored 2 goals in the Hungarian squad of Debreceni VSC. He played six matches in the group stages of the Champions League 2009–10 season with Debreceni VSC. He scored a double against arch-rival Diósgyőri VTK in the 2009–10 season. He won the Hungarian National Championship I with Debreceni VSC in 2010. He played and important role in the qualification of the Europa League 2010-11 season in the squad. He scored a goal against Litex in the play-off round. He also performed well against Sampdoria in the Stadio Luigi Ferraris, however Debreceni VSC lost 1–0. In the last round of the Europa League 2010-11 Debreceni VSC beat Sampdoria 2–0.
Laczkó was part of the U21 squad that played in the 2009 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship qualification, making five appearances as Hungary failed to qualify for the finals. His last appearance for the under-21 was a 1–0 away defeat to Latvia on 18 November 2007. Laczkó made his national team debut as a substitute in a 3–0 friendly defeat to Germany in Budapest on 29 May 2010.
- Ferencvárosi TC
- Debreceni VSC
- Hungarian National Championship I: 2009–10
- Hungarian Cup: 2009–10
- Hungarian Super Cup: 2010
- Hungarian League Cup: 2010
- "Zsolt Laczko profile". LCFC.com. Retrieved 9 April 2009.
- "Foxes trial Hungarian duo". Sky Sports. 19 December 2007. Retrieved 20 December 2007.
- "Hungarian Zsolt joins Leicester". BBC Sport. 4 January 2007. Retrieved 5 January 2007.
- "Hungarians keen to stay at Foxes". BBC Sport. 9 January 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2008.
- "Leicester 2–0 Coventry". BBC Sport. 12 January 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2008.
- "Holloway column". BBC Sport. 18 January 2008. Retrieved 6 February 2010.
- "Leicester 4–0 Norwich". BBC Sport. 16 February 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2008.
- "Laczkó Zsolt is aláírt (Hungarian)". DVSC hivatalos honlap. 31 August 2009.
- "Padova: Laczkó Zsolt a Fradiba igazol - hivatalos". www.nso.hu. 22 February 2014.
- "Zsolt Laczkó al Ferencvárosi TC". www.padovacalcio.it. 22 February 2014.
- "Germany cruise past Hungary". ESPN Soccernet. 29 May 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.