Zulfiya Chinshanlo at Goyang City site of 2009 world championships in Olympic Weightlifting
|Birth name||赵常玲 Zhao Changling|
|Born||25 July 1993|
|Height||1.55 m (5 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||53 kg (117 lb)|
|Coached by||Viktor Ni|
|Updated on 25 July 2012.|
Zulfiya Chinshanlo (Kazakh: Зүлфия Чиншанло; Russian: Зульфия Чиншанло; Chinese: 赵常玲) is a Kazakhstani weightlifter. She set a world record in the clean and jerk on 29 July 2012 at the 2012 London Olympics by lifting 131 kg.
According to Chinese official media Xinhua News, Zulfiya was born and grew up in Hunan Province, China, thus she has a Chinese name and can speak Chinese much more fluently than Russian. She emigrated to Kazakhstan in 2008 along with Maiya Maneza with the approval of Hunan sport officials on a five-year lease contract. She returned to China in 2012.
Chinese media wrote that the weightlifter received her Chinese ID in the Public Security Department of Changsha city on October 22 and was going to join the Chinese national team, because her 5-year contract with Kazakhstan allegedly expired.
“Zulfiya Chinshanlo is our sportswoman. I don’t know why foreign media is discussing a change of her citizenship. She is a citizen of Kazakhstan. She had been living and training in Kazakhstan since she was 14. No official claims have been submitted to our Agency or the Weightlifting Federation. Zulfiya was on vacation and decided to visit her relatives in China. After a break she will go back to training for the world championships and the next Olympics as a member of Kazakhstan national team,” Agency for Sports and Physical Culture Talgat Yermegiyayev said.
On October 27, 2012 Chinshanlo came back from China and announced:
“I would like to say that everything written about me in China is not true. I have proved it by coming back to Kazakhstan and being here right now. I would like to thank everyone who supported me. Once again, all these rumors are lies and I don’t want to return to discussing this issue again.”
However according to official Kazakhstani records, Zulfiya was born 25 July 1993 in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Her father Salakhar Chinshanlo is a businessman who speaks fluently both Russian and Dungan language.
2012 London Olympics
|Rank||Athlete||Group||Body weight||Snatch (kg)||Clean & Jerk (kg)||Total|
|1 !||Zulfiya Chinshanlo (KAZ)||A||52.70||92||95||95||125||131||131||226|
|2 !||Hsu Shu-ching (TPE)||A||52.41||91||94||96||96||120||123||123||219|
|3 !||Cristina Iovu (MDA)||A||52.79||95||99||99||115||120||120||219|
- "Zulfiya Chinshanlo". www.london2012.com. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Chinshanlo wins Olympic gold, breaks clean and jerk record". Eurosport.Yahoo.com. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Chinshanlo and Ilyin named best athletes of Asia". Tengrinews.kz English. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "马内扎被曝辽宁出生 湖南官员称其出走经总局同意". sina.com.cn. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Chinshanlo is a citizen of Kazakhstan: Talgat Yermegiyayev". Tengrinews.kz English. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "China has not officialy requested Kazakhstan to return Chinshanlo". Tengrinews.kz English. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Nothing China writes about me is true: Zulfiya Chinshanlo". Tengrinews.kz English. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zulfiya Chinshanlo.|