Zunnar (also spelled "zunar" or "zonar"; Arabic: زنار zunār) was a distinctive belt or girdle, part of the clothing that Christians in Jerusalem were required to wear in order to differentiate themselves from Muslims. The requirement to wear the zunnar was noted in the Pact of Umar.
- In the early 2000s, the Taliban in Afghanistan required Afghan Hindus to wear yellow badges.
- Medieval Sourcebook: Pact of Umar: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/pact-umar.html
- Taliban to mark Afghan Hindus,CNN
- Taliban: Hindus Must Wear Identity Labels,People's Daily
- US Lawmakers Condemn Taliban Treatment Of Hindus,CNSnews.com