Zymogenetics headquarters, as viewed from Lake Union in Seattle, Washington
|Founders||Earl W. Davie, Michael Smith and Benjamin D. Hall|
ZymoGenetics, Inc is one of the oldest biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies in the USA, based in Seattle, Washington. The company is involved in the development of therapeutic proteins. Located on Lake Union, the address of the ZymoGenetics headquarters is 1201 Eastlake Avenue East.
The company was founded in 1981 by Professors Earl W. Davie and Benjamin D. Hall of the University of Washington and 1993 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry Michael Smith of the University of British Columbia. Soon after its founding, ZymoGenetics began working on recombinant proteins with Danish company Novo Nordisk, and was acquired by that company in 1988. It was spun off as a public company in 2000. Bristol-Myers Squibb acquired the company in 2010 for $885 million.
- Pollack, Andrew (23 October 2000). "ZymoGenetics Will Become Independent of Novo Nordisk". New York Times. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
ZymoGenetics Inc. said it had arranged for $150 million in private financing that would allow it to become independent of its parent company, Novo Nordisk A.S. of Denmark.
- "ZymoGenetics, a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company". Bristol-Myers Squibb. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Timmerman, Luke (25 January 2011). "Bristol-Myers Squibb to Stay in Seattle, Keep ZymoGenetics Workers". Xconomy. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
ZymoGenetics, the venerable biotech founded in 1981.
- "Novo Nordisk completes divestment of ZymoGenetics, Inc.". Bionity.com. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
Novo Nordisk has been a shareholder of ZymoGenetics since 1988 and at the time of the transaction, Novo Nordisk owned 22,143,320 shares, equalling close to 26% of the share capital.
- Carroll, John (8 September 2010). "BMS forges $885M deal to buy ZymoGenetics". FierceBiotech. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has struck a deal to buy Seattle-based ZymoGenetics for $885 million.
- Timmerman, Luke (13 September 2010). "What Will Happen to ZymoGenetics’ Landmark Headquarters when Bristol Calls the Shots?". Xconomy. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Slatko, Joshua (December 2013). "BMS changes senior management team". People on the Move: Biopharma. Med Ad News. p. 27.
- Official website
- Worldwide Patent Search in European Patent Office Database for ZymoGenetics
- List of Patents from United States Patent and Trademark Office for ZymoGenetics
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|