|Original author(s)||Nasca Octavian Paul|
|Developer(s)||Mark McCurry, Harald Hvaal|
|Initial release||September 25, 2002|
|Stable release||2.4.4 / June 29, 2014|
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
For sound generation it has three hybrid synth engines that combine additive, subtractive, Fourier and other synthesis methods. No external samples are used to produce the sound; everything is done by synthesis. The synthesizer has effects like reverberation, echo, chorus, distortion, equalization and others, and supports microtonal tunings.
A VST port implementation is now available, being maintained by jackoo (Vlad Ionescu) on the KVR Audio Forums. The VST version is still in beta development, but has been tested with hosts such as VSTHost, EnergyXT 1.41, Cubase and REAPER. The latest version features a 'MidiLearn' mechanism (which enables users to assign CC messages to various controls), native VST parameter automation and multiple outputs.
ZynAddSubFX combines several different methods of audio synthesis in order to create sounds: additive synthesis by the ADSynth engine, subtractive synthesis by the SUBSynth engine, and an original algorithm used to generate wavetables in the PADSynth engine.
Music made with ZynAddSubFX
ZynAddSubFX was featured in the KVR One-Synth-Challenge contest.
In November 2013, unfa released an album that was entirely made with ZynAddSubFX.
The official support page is featured on the KVR Audio forums: ZynAddSubFX support
- ZynAddSubFX home page
- Paul Nasca
- ZynAddSubFX VST Download page
- ZynAddSubFX support
- Listing contains ZynAddSubFX
- Program description, reviews and user generated sound patchs
- Ubuntu's information page about program package as distributed by Ubuntu Linux
- User review with screenshots and overview of functions as well as audio samples
- A tutorial for using ZynAddSubFX
- In depth user manual based on the original with annotations, corrections and current (2.4.1 release) screen snapshots
- Drum sounds in ZynAddSubFX
- KVR One-Synth-Challenge entries for ZynAddSubFX