- 1 Zyurangers
- 2 Allies
- 3 Arsenal
- 4 Guardian Beasts
- 5 Guardian Beast combinations
- 6 References
- 7 See also
The Zyurangers are five warriors from an ancient civilization of humans that evolved from dinosaurs and coexisted with them. The team was kept in suspended animation for over 170 million years by their mentor Barza until their nemesis Bandora is accidentally released from her prison. A sixth member later joins the team after being revived from suspended animation. The team uses the Dino Buckler transformation devices worn on their belts to transform. While in their transformed state, each Ranger possesses enhanced strength, agility, and speed; wields an individual weapon and a sidearm; and can summon a corresponding Guardian Beast (守護獣 Shugojū ), who are the ancient deities worshipped by the team.
Geki (ゲキ) is the prince of the Yamato Tribe (ヤマト族 Yamato Zoku ) who is known as the "Warrior of Justice" (正義の戦士 Seigi no Senshi ) and fights as Tyranno Ranger (ティラノレンジャー Tirano Renjā ). The leader of the Zyurangers, Geki has a strong sense of justice. Though he was raised by the King and Queen of the Yamato Tribe, he was actually adopted by them after his birth father rebelled against the Yamato King and was forced to give Geki up for adoption as punishment for his insubordination. His birth father used this as an opportunity to challenge the King and reclaim Geki, only to be killed by the King. Geki learns the truth after meeting Burai, his older brother. Geki's signature weapon is the Ryugekiken (Dragon Strike Sword). His Guardian Beast is the Tyrannosaurus. Geki inherits Burai's powers after his death, allowing him to wear Burai's chest armor and wield his Zyusouken to summon Dragon Caesar.
Geki is portrayed by Yūta Mochizuki (望月 祐多 Mochizuki Yūta ).
Goushi (ゴウシ Gōshi ) is a knight of the Sharma Tribe (シャーマ族 Shāma Zoku ) who is known as the "Warrior of Wisdom" (知恵の戦士 Chie no Senshi ) and fights as Mammoth Ranger (マンモスレンジャー Manmosu Renjā ). Age 27. Calm, cool, and collected, Goushi is the team's second-in-command and his wisdom allows him to come up with strategies to save his teammates whenever they're cornered. He lost his parents when he was young and was raised by his older sister, who lost her life while fighting Bandora's forces after Goushi reached adulthood. He uses grappling techniques during battles and his signature weapon is the Moth Breaker axe (which also functions as a rifle). His Guardian Beast is the Zyu Mammoth.
Goushi is portrayed by Seiju Umon (右門 青寿 Umon Seiju ).
Dan (ダン) is a knight of the Etof Tribe (エトフ族 Etofu Zoku ) who is known as the "Warrior of Courage" (勇気の戦士 Yūki no Senshi ) and fights as Tricera Ranger (トリケラレンジャー Torikera Renjā ). He is a courageous warrior who is willing to stand up for himself against the enemy, although he has a tendency to rush into dangerous situations without thinking things through. He is a cheerful character who serves as the team's comic relief. His signature weapon is the Tricelance and his Guardian Beast is the Triceratops.
Dan is portrayed by Hideki Fujiwara (藤原 秀樹 Fujiwara Hideki ).
Boi (ボーイ Bōi ) is a knight of the Daim Tribe (ダイム族 Daimu Zoku ) who is known as the "Warrior of Hope" (希望の戦士 Kibō no Senshi ) and fights as Tiger Ranger (タイガーレンジャー Taigā Renjā ). The youngest and most curious member of the team, Boi is the most energetic and has greater reflexes than the others. Due to his young age, Boi is often befriended by children. His signature weapons are a pair of small daggers known as the Saber Daggers and his Guardian Beast is the Saber Tiger.
Boi is portrayed by Takumi Hashimoto (橋本 巧 Hashimoto Takumi ).
Mei (メイ) is the princess of the Risha Tribe (リシヤ族 Rishiya Zoku ) who is known as the "Warrior of Love" (愛の戦士 Ai no Senshi ) and fights as Ptera Ranger (プテラレンジャー Putera Renjā ). Although a gentle and loving young woman, Mei is also a warrior who refuses to lose, no matter how dire the situation is. She is a skilled archer with the Ptera Arrow and her Guardian Beast is the Pteranodon.
Mei's ancestor, Yui (ユイ), sacrificed her life to stop the plant demon Guzzler, which Dora Guzzler was modeled after.
Mei is portrayed by Reiko Chiba (千葉 麗子 Chiba Reiko ).
Burai (ブライ) is a knight of the Yamato Tribe who is known as the "Warrior of Power" (力の戦士 Chikara no Senshi ) and fights as Dragon Ranger (ドラゴンレンジャー Doragon Renjā ). He is Geki's biological older brother, whom he was separated from when Geki was still an infant after his birth father was forced to hand Geki over to the Yamato Tribe's King and Queen after rebelling against him. Burai's father then used this as an opportunity to challenge the King in order to reclaim Geki, only to be defeated. Before dying, he told Burai to avenge his death. Burai froze himself in a separate sleeping chamber from the others and is the last Ranger to be revived in the present day. Soon after awakening into the present day, Burai discovers that he is living on borrowed time and preserves his lifespan by staying inside a Timeless Room. After fighting against the Zyurangers for a while, Burai reconciles with Geki and joins the team. Burai eventually dies after helping the others and passes his powers onto Geki. As the Dragon Ranger, Burai wears a golden vest and his Guardian Beast is Dragon Caesar, which he summons with his signature weapon, the Zyusouken (Beast Play Sword), by playing it as a flute.
Mysterious Sage Barza (不思議仙人バーザ Fushigi Sennin Bāza ) is the immortal white wizard who serves as the Zyurangers' mentor. He watched over the Zyurangers during their long sleep while working as the landlord of the Sakura Apartment Building, where the underground temple of the Zyurangers is located.
Barza is portrayed by Jun Tatara (多々良 純 Tatara Jun ).
Gnome (妖精ノーム Yōsei Nōmu ) is the mean-spirited King of the Elves, and an old friend of Barza's. During the Dora Circe battle, Gnome saves the Zyurangers before making them accept his challenge of eating all the food on the table he conjured. Though Boi manages to finish the last ounce of food, it is his selfless motivation that convinces Gnome to give them the Moly. He is also the keeper of Burai's key, hoping that Burai would simply never be revived. When Ryuta takes the key, Gnome attempts to stop him even it means killing his grandson.
The Apelo Tribe (アペロ族 Apero Zoku ) were the guardians of the orchards in the Kingdom of God until Dora Cockatrice tricked them into eating the holy fruit that they were forbidden to eat. Fallen from grace, the Apelo were exiled to Dalos Island and turned into monkeys. After Bandora's entrapment, the Apelo were entrusted with the last two Dinosaur Eggs to safeguard. When Bandora learns of this, she sends her forces to take the eggs from the Apelo as Euro makes his way to Japan to find the Zyurangers. Though they fail, Euro's new-found friend Emiko and the Zyurangers plead in the Apelos' defense and Daizyuzin lifts his curse, allowing the Apelo Tribe back to his domain.
Prince Euro (ユーロ王子 Yūro Ōji ) is determined to redeem his people, being the only one of them who knows the eggs' location. Arriving in Japan and befriending a girl named Emiko, they are attacked by Golems as the Zyurangers arrive to save them. However, through Dora Cockatrice's deceptions, Euro is forced to reveal the eggs' location. However, Emiko and the Zyurangers pleas convince Daizyuzin to bring the Apelo back to its domain. As thanks, Euro gives Emiko a beautiful white dress before departing with his tribe to join the Guardian Beasts in their domain.
Clockle and Daisy
Prince Euro's two assistants, Baron Clockle (クロックル Kurokkuru ) is the inventive footman while his wife, Daisy (デイジー Deijī ), is the nanny. As well as the Volkswagen they used for travel, Clockle also made special glasses that allowed anyone who wore them to see a portal into Dora Cockatrice's dimension.
Djinn (ジン Jin ) is a genie who has the power to grant wishes, ending up in the hands of four children. Bandora manages to steal the lamp, shattering it in the process. However, while the Zyurangers help Djinn and his master gather the lamp pieces, Bandora creates a personal lamp for him, which sucks Djinn in and turns him into the monster known as Dora Djinn (ドーラジン Dōra Jin ). After his original lamp is restored, Mei destroys Bandora's evil lamp, causing Djinn to return to normal. He is sealed away to prevent any further use for evil.
Fairy DonDon (妖精ドンドン Yōsei Dondon ) is an elf who applies for a job to be Pleprechuan’s assistant, but is kicked out by Bandora. DonDon meets a kindred spirit in Toshio, a boy who gets frequently picked on by his overly-strict mother. They become friends and go around sucking things into DonDon’s magic bottles — including planes and buildings with people inside. After seeing DonDon trapping Boi and Dan in his bottle, Bandora decides to recruit DonDon, promising both him and Toshio the power to get back at all the people who push them around. However, the Zyurangers manage to convince Toshio and DonDon that there are people who care about them. After he and Toshio return everything to normal, DonDon goes on his way, but not before giving Toshio a black & gold toy replica of Daizyuzin.
Ryota is Gnome's grandson. 170 million years ago, Burai saved him from a rock that threatened to crush him. In the present day, while living among humans in secret, Ryota takes Gnome's key and unseals Burai against his grandfather's wishes, but feels betrayed after seeing how cruel Burai has become.
After the war with Bandora ended, the heads of the five ancient tribes placed a pair of Dinosaur Eggs (恐竜の卵 Kyōryū no Tamago ) within a chest and sent it off to sea, hoping for a safer place and time for dinosaurs. The chest drifted over to Dalos Island, where the Apelo Tribe resided. The Guardian Beasts appeared to the Apelo and entrusted them to protect the eggs until the Zyurangers returned to this world. After several attempts by Bandora to use them for her evil deeds, the Zyurangers finally claim the eggs and send them to King Brachion to incubate the eggs inside its body. The book known as "Dino Revelation" mentions that the eggs are the last pair of dinosaurs on Earth and if they are destroyed, the dinosaurs will become extinct from this world. After Dora Talos' destruction, the eggs finally hatch into two Tyrannosaur hatchlings (one male and one female) and are now in the care of Satoshi and his friends.
Spirit of Life Clotho (命の精霊クロト Inochi no Seirei Kuroto ) is an entity who takes on the form of a childlike being and possesses the power of life itself. When the Zyurangers go into suspended animation, Burai follows them in his own chamber. However, an earthquake causes the cave where Burai was sleeping to collapse, crushing Burai to death. Daizyuzin asks Clotho to restore Burai's life, since he is the only person who can summon Dragon Caesar. Burai is restored to life, but only with a limited lifespan. Shortly after his revival and subsequent betrayal of Bandora, Clotho takes Burai to the Lapseless Room and gives him the Beast Play Sword. Clotho tells Burai that he has only has a limited lifespan and leaves him with a green candle that represents the time he has left. The Lapseless Room is a chamber where time stands still, and every time Burai goes out to aid his brother, the candle gradually melts away. After Bandora destroys the room, Goushi and Dan attempt to get the Water of Life from its guardian, who is actually Clotho in disguise. She reveals that even with the Water of Life, Burai's life cannot be saved, since he has already died once.
Clotho is portrayed by Mayumi Sakai (酒井 麻由美 Sakai Mayumi ).
- Dino Buckler (ダイノバックラー Daino Bakkurā ): The Rangers' transformation devices, which are silver buckles that contain gold medals engraved with the Rangers' respective Guardian Beast. While inside their Guardian Beasts, the core Zyurangers can turn the medals into Dino Crystals (ダイノクリスタル Daino Kurisutaru ), which enable the Guardian Beasts to combine into Daizyuzin. Burai uses a gold-colored Dino Buckler to transform.
- Ranger Stick (レンジャースティック Renjā Sutikku ): The core Zyurangers' individual sidearms, which can convert to the Ranger Sword (レンジャーソード Renjā Sōdo ) or Ranger Gun (レンジャーガン Renjā Gan ). The Ranger Sticks can also be used in the Babel Attack (バベルアタック Baberu Atakku ) by having the Zyurangers form a human tower, bringing the tips of each Ranger Stick toward the center and then shooting a combined, powerful shockwave.
- Zaurer Machines (ザウラーマシン Zaurā Mashin ): Motorcycles driven by the core Zyurangers.
- Road Zaurer 1 (ロードザウラー１ Rōdo Zaurā Wan ): Geki's motorcycle. It is equipped with a machine gun at the front.
- Side Zaurer 2 (サイドザウラー２ Saido Zaurā Tsū ): Goushi's motorcycle with a sidecar for Boi. It is equipped with two mini-cannons at the front.
- Side Zaurer 3 (サイドザウラー３ Saido Zaurā Surī ): Dan's motorcycle with a sidecar for Mei. It is equipped with two machine guns at the front.
- Zaurer Buster (ザウラーバスター Zaurā Basutā ): A hypothetical combination of the three Zaurer Machines into one vehicle. It would have launched a concentrated energy blast to defeat adversaries. Never actually used in the series and only mentioned in guidebooks.[better source needed]
- Legendary Weapons (伝説の武器 Densetsu no Buki ): The core Zyurangers' personal weapons. The weapons were located in the Land of Despair, which was cursed so that anyone who stayed for more than a day would be turned into stone. However, the Zyurangers manage to retrieve the weapons before they are completely petrified and break the curse. The weapons can be used in human and Ranger form and transform from dull gray-colored weapons to colorful and more powerful weapons when the Rangers transform.
- Ryugekiken (龍撃剣 Ryūgekiken , Dragon Strike Sword): Tyranno Ranger's Legendary Weapon.
- Moth Breaker (モスブレイカー Mosu Bureikā ): Mammoth Ranger's Legendary Weapon. A battle axe that can be converted into a laser rifle.
- Tricelance (トリケランス Torikeransu ): Tricera Ranger's Legendary Weapon. A double-headed trident that separates in half to form two short spears.
- Saber Daggers (サーベルダガー Sāberu Dagā ): Tiger Ranger's Legendary Weapons.
- Ptera Arrow (プテラアロー Putera Arō ): Ptera Ranger's Legendary Weapon. A bow that shoots arrows.
- Howling Cannon (ハウリングキャノン Hauringu Kyanon ): The combination of the five Legendary Weapons. The Moth Breaker forms the rifle and the weapon's core; the Ptera Arrow forms the crossbar; the Saber Daggers and the Tricelance form the additional blasters; and the Ryugekiken forms the target pointer. The Howling Cannon fires a powerful energy blast from each blaster and is often used to finish off human-sized Dora Monsters.
- Zyusouken (獣奏剣 Jūsōken , Beast Play Sword): Dragon Ranger's signature weapon, a dagger that doubles as a flute which is used to summon Dragon Caesar. Zyusouken can teleport its owner from the Lapseless Room to the outside world and vice versa. Geki inherited the blade from Burai after his death.
- Thunder Slinger (サンダースリンガー Sandā Suringā ): The Thunder Slinger is a slinger-shaped blaster, and is a common weapon for the Rangers. By pulling and releasing the shaft on the back of a Thunder Slinger, the Zyurangers can shoot laser beams from the upper muzzle.
- Ranger Slinger (レンジャースリンガー Renjā Suringā ): A combination of the Ranger Gun and the Thunder Slinger. When the Zyurangers shoot their Ranger Slingers simultaneously to the target, the combined attack is the Final Shot (ファイナルショット Fainaru Shotto ), which brings critical damage to enemies, even to giant-sized Dora Monsters.
The Guardian Beasts (守護獣 Shugojū ) are the gods worshipped by the five ancient tribes that the Zyurangers come from. The Guardian Beasts originally existed in one form as Kyukyoku Daizyuzin before splitting into seven separate forms due to being weakened after banishing Dai Satan. The Guardian Beasts are summoned when the command "Appear, Guardian Beast (name of the Guardian Beast)!" (現れよ、守護獣（守護獣の名前）よ Araware yo Shugojū (Shugojū no Namae) yo ) is given. However, if the five core Guardian Beasts are commanded, the Rangers must say "Appear, Guardian Beasts! (現れよ、守護獣たちよ Araware yo Shugojū-tachi yo )". When they first get in their cockpits, the Rangers give out the command "(Name) Ranger! Guardian Beast (name of the Guardian Beast)! Unite!" (（名前）レンジャー！守護獣（守護獣の名前）！合身！ (Namae) Renjā! Shugojū (Shugojū no Namae)! Gasshin! ). When not in use, the Guardian Beasts can speak to the Zyurangers in their individual separate forms.
- Guardian Beast Tyrannozaurus (守護獣ティラノザウルス Shugojū Tiranozaurusu ): piloted by Tyranno Ranger, Tyrannozaurus emerges from under the Earth when it is summoned. The biggest and strongest of the core Guardian Beasts, it can finish of several giant Dora Monsters with its disintegrating Tyranno Sonic (ティラノソニック Tirano Sonikku ) shockwave. It is also able to stand on its tail to deliver jump kicks to its enemy.
- Guardian Beast Zyu Mammoth (守護獣ジューマンモス Shugojū Jū Manmosu ): piloted by Mammoth Ranger, Zyu Mammoth emerges from a glacial area when it is summoned. It can blow glacial gas called Moth Blizzard (モスブリザード 'Mosu Burizādo ) from the trunk to freeze enemies.
- Guardian Beast Triceratops (守護獣トリケラトプス Shugojū Torikeratopusu ): piloted by Tricera Ranger, Triceratops emerges from a desert area when it is summoned. Its two horns can be shot to capture the enemies with chains. It is also equipped with two Tricera Cannon (トリケラカノン Torikera Kanon ) on the tip of its tail.
- Guardian Beast Saber Tiger (守護獣サーベルタイガー Shugojū Sāberu Taigā ): piloted by Tiger Ranger, Saber Tiger emerges from a jungle area when it is summoned. Its running speed excels that of all the other Guardian Beasts.It also has two laser guns called the Saber Gun (サーベルガン Sāberu Gan ) on its tail.
- Guardian Beast Pteranodon (守護獣プテラノドン Shugojū Puteranodon ): piloted by Ptera Ranger, Pteranodon emerges from a volcano when it is summoned. It is the only Guardian Beast with flying ability and emits a pair of laser beams known as the Ptera Beam (プテラビーム Putera Bīmu ) from its wings.
- Guardian Beast Dragon Caesar (守護獣ドラゴンシーザー Shugojū Doragon Shīzā ): piloted by Dragon Ranger, it emerges from Tokyo Bay when it is summoned by Zyusouken's summoning melody. It has a drill on its tail and can launch a blast of missiles from its fingertips which are powerful enough to destroy giant Dora Monsters. Dragon Caesar becomes depressed after Burai's death, but soon realizes that the other Guardian Beasts still need its help and accepts Geki as its new master. As shown in an art book, Dragon Caesar can also project a pentagon-shaped force field called the Pentagon Barrier (ペンタゴンバリアー Pentagon Bariā ) from its chest.[better source needed]
- Beast Cavalry God King Brachion (獣騎神キングブラキオン Jūkishin Kingu Burakion ): the biggest of the seven Guardian Beasts and the only one without a pilot, it resembles a Brachiosaurus and emerges from out of a misty forest valley when it is summoned. When King Brachion first appeared, he first appears to test Geki and Burai if they were worthy of the Thunder Slingers under its guard. After that, he comes to the Zyurangers' aid whenever needed and helps form Ultimate Daizyuzin when the command "Appear! Beast Cavalry God King Brachion! (現れよ、獣騎神キングブラキオン! Araware yo Jūkishin Kingu Burakion! )" is given by Tyranno Ranger. When the Dinosaur Eggs are recovered, they are given into King Brachion's care for 60 days.
Guardian Beast combinations
Daizyuzin (大獣神 Daijūjin , Great Beast God)[better source needed] is the combined form of the five core Guardian Beasts. He is first formed as Beast Tank Dino Tanker (獣戦車ダイノタンカー Jūsensha Daino Tankā ) from the command "Combine, Dino Mission" (合体・ダイノミッション Gattai Daino Misshon ), and then into Daizyuzin from the command "Invoke! Daizyuzin" (発動! 大獣神 Hatsudō! Daijūjin ). Tyrannozaurus forms the head and body; Zyu Mammoth forms the arms, back, and shield; Triceratops forms the left leg; Saber Tiger forms the right leg; and Pteranodon forms Dino Tanker's topmost area & Daizyuzin's chest. As Dino Tanker, he attacks enemies with its two powerful cannons, the Beast Tank Cannons (獣戦車キャノン Jūsensha Kyanon ), or with laser blasts from the eyes of each Guardian Beast called the Beast Tank Storm (獣戦車ストーム Jūsensha Sutōmu ). Daizyuzin wields Zyu Mammoth's head as a shield which can fire energy beams from its eyes and the Dinosaur Sword God Horn (恐竜剣ゴッドホーン Kyōryūken Goddo Hōn ), which he uses in its Super Legendary Thunder Slash (超伝説雷光斬り Chō Densetsu Raikō Giri ) attack. Daizyuzin can also fire energy beams from its eyes and forehead.
Daizyuzin is voiced by Eiji Maruyama (丸山 詠二 Maruyama Eiji ).
Gouryuzin (剛龍神 Gōryūjin , Mighty Dragon God)[better source needed] is formed when the command "Combine, Dragon Mission" (合体・ドラゴンミッション Gattai Doragon Misshon ) is given. Dragon Caesar forms the head, chest, and the Dragon Antler (ドラゴンアントラー Doragon Antorā ) drill; Zyu Mammoth forms the arms and back; Triceratops forms the left leg; and Saber Tiger forms the right leg.
Gouryuzin is armed with the Dragon Antler drill that is used for its Super Concussive Dragon Strike (超爆裂龍神突き Chō Bakuretsu Ryūjin Zuki ) attack.
Gouryuzin is voiced by Eiji Maruyama (丸山 詠二 Maruyama Eiji ).
Beast Emperor Combination Zyutei Daizyuzin (獣帝合体獣帝大獣神 Jūtei Gattai Jūtei Daijūjin , Beast Emperor Great Beast God) is formed from Daizyuzin and Dragon Caesar. Dragon Caesar attaches itself on top of Daizyuzin, becoming shoulder armor. It attacks its enemies with an energy blast from its chest and shoulder armor called the Kaiser Burst (カイザーバースト Kaizā Bāsuto ). Its finisher is the Empire Attack (エンパイアアタック Enpaia Atakku ), a massive energy ball with a "Z" on it.
Ultimate Combination Kyukyoku Daizyuzin (究極合体究極大獣神 Kyūkyoku Gattai Kyūkyoku Daijūjin , Ultimate Great Beast God) is the original combined form of the seven Guardian Beasts. Parts of King Brachion form Zyutei Daizyuzin's chest ornament and gauntlets and parts of Dragon Caesar form King Brachion's chest and tail. Finally, Zyutei Daizyuzin gets onto King Brachion's back, completing the combination. Ultimate Daizyuzin's finishing move is the Grand Banisher (グランバニッシャー Guran Banisshā ), a massive energy barrage.
- 全スーパー戦隊 完全超百科 (Zen Super Sentai Kanzen Chō Hyakka). Terebi Magazine Deluxe 165. Kodansha. p. 52. ISBN 978-4-06-304567-3.
- Super Sentai Robo Art Collection 1975-2002
- "ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting". Imageshack.us. Retrieved 2013-10-24.
- "ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting". Imageshack.us. Retrieved 2013-10-24.