The Lying Game (book series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Published||December 7, 2010 – July 30, 2013|
|No. of books||6|
- The Lying Game (published December 7, 2010)
- Never Have I Ever (published August 2, 2011)
- Two Truths and a Lie (published February 7, 2012)
- Hide and Seek (published July 31, 2012)
- Cross My Heart, Hope to Die (published February 5, 2013)
- Seven Minutes in Heaven (published July 30, 2013)
- The First Lie (published December 18, 2012)
- True Lies (published June 4, 2013)
While the book and the television series based on the books share most of the same characters, there are differences in regards to the characters between the two (with the biggest difference being that Sutton is deceased in the books, but alive in the television series):
- Sutton Mercer – The deceased protagonist of the story. While alive, she was a snobby trouble-maker who believed she could do anything. Sutton was adopted by a wealthy family, but took everything she had for granted. She is also the founder of "The Lying Game". Like her twin, she has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Emma Paxton – The main character, and the identical sister of Sutton. She has a kind heart, and has always wished she had a better life. Emma went into foster care after Becky, her birth mother, abandoned her. Like her twin, she has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Ethan Landry – A mysterious and loner boy who is befriended by Emma. After learning the truth about the twins, he tries his best to help Emma whenever he can. Overtime, he grows close to Emma and develops feelings for her.
- Madeline Vega – One of Sutton's best friends. She's a ballerina and is another member of The Lying Game. She has an abusive father and it's hinted that he's reason her younger brother, Thayer, went missing.
- Charlotte Chamberlin – One of Sutton's best friends. A member of The Lying Game. She has a rich family and it's hinted that her father is cheating on her mother.
- Laurel Mercer – Sutton's adoptive sister, and the only biological child of Sutton's adoptive parents. Also, Thayer's best friend. She was the last member of The Lying Game included.
- Nisha Banerjee – Sutton's tennis rival.
- Ted and Kristin Mercer – Sutton's adoptive parents.
- "The Lying Game series". Alloy Entertainment. Retrieved 2016-05-19.
- "The Lying Game Hardcover". Amazon. Retrieved 2016-05-19.
- Ross, Robyn (August 14, 2011). "The Lying Game: Who's Who and How Is It Different From the Books". TV Guide. Retrieved 2016-05-19.
|This article about a young adult novel of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.