|Also known as||Devastator|
|Origin||Prague, Kanín, Czech Republic|
|Genres||Progressive death metal
|Years active||1990–2005, 2011-2013|
|Associated acts||§§, Gemini Gem, Duobetic Homunkulus|
|Website||!T.O.O.H.! - official info pages|
|Past members||Pavel Slavíček
!T.O.O.H.! (an acronym for "The Obliteration of Humanity") was a progressive death metal band from the Czech Republic formed in 1990. Early on, their lyrics focused mainly on gore, but in their later years more on politics and social matters.
!T.O.O.H.! was originally founded under the name Devastator by brothers Jan and Josef Veselý, but they changed it in 1993. The band was disbanded shortly after putting the finishing touches on the Řád a Trest album due to financial difficulties caused after being dropped by Earache Records, who took the album out of print only two months after its release.
In September 2011 the band reformed as a duo.
In 2013, the band released what would be their last album called Democratic Solution, via their facebook page for free download. Democratic Solution marks a major musical departure from their previous recordings, in the sense that they retain the progressive death metal/grindcore characteristics and complex song structures, but instead of instrumental background, Humanoid and Schizoid use electronic instrumentation & effects, electronic drums, clean vocals and ample use of keyboards throughout compositions, reminiscent of the brothers' other project, §§. Reception for this release has been very polarised as some review it as one of their worst, and some as one of their best works.
The band performed their last show on February 16, 2013 in Ostrava and the following day announced their disbandment due to the issues of playing live, saying that "it is for him [Humanoid] too stressful" and that "to continue as a studio project would be pointless".
- Jan "Schizoid" Veselý - vocals, drums (1990-2013)
- Josef "Humanoid" Veselý - vocals, guitar (1990-2013)
- Pavel "Android" Slavíček - bass guitar (1996-1998)
- Petr "Wokis" Vokál - guitar (2004-2005) (also in Duobetic Homunkulus)
- Petr "Freedom" Svoboda - bass guitar (2004-2005)
- Vy kusy mrdacího masa ("You Pieces of Fucking Flesh") demo (1995)
- Sen to není, nesmí ("It's Not, Can't Be a Dream") demo (1997)
- Live in Prosek demo (1998)
- Z vyšší vůle ("From Higher Will") (2000)
- Pod vládou biče ("Under the Reign of the Whip") (2002)
- Řád a trest ("Order and Punishment") (2005)
- Democratic Solution (2013)
- "!T.O.O.H.! reviews, music, news - sputnikmusic". Archived from the original on 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
- Biography at official website
- !.T.O.O.H.! Official Facebook Page
- Democratic Solution Reviews - Metal Archives
- Bandzone on Duobetic Homunkulus
- Encyclopaedia Metallum on Duobetic Homunkulus
- Official website
- !T.O.O.H.! official Myspace
- !T.O.O.H.! at Encyclopaedia Metallum
- !T.O.O.H.! at Last.fm
|This article about a European band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|