$30 Film School
$30 Film School is a book written by Michael W. Dean on how to make films on a limited budget, and is part of the $30 School book series which includes $30 Music School and $30 Writing School. Like the other books of this series, $30 Film School advocates a start-to-finish DIY ethic, and includes interviews with professionals in the given field, as well as a CD or DVD of extras.
Published by Muska & Lipman in 2003, the first edition sold 30,000 copies. The second edition was released in March 2006, and included a DVD featuring software, tutorials, and 14 short films by graduates of the first edition. The book is used in college and university media courses on filmmaking, such as Humanistinen Ammattikorkeakoulu (university of applied sciences) in Finland,
- Morgan, Kari Ann. "review: $30 Film School". Microfilmmaker Magazine. Retrieved 10 September 2010.
- Paul, Joshua (2005). Digital video hacks. O'Reilly's Hacks Series (illustrated ed.). O'Reilly Media, Inc. p. x. ISBN 0-596-00946-1.
- Dean, Michael W. (2003). $30 Music School. Muska & Lipman. ISBN 978-1-59200-171-2.
- Dean, Michael W. (2004). $30 Writing School. Thomson Course Technology. ISBN 978-1-59200-486-7.
- Dean, Michael W. (2003). $30 Film School (1st edition). Course Technology. ISBN 978-1-59200-067-8.
- Dean, Michael W. (2006). $30 Film School (2nd edition). Muska & Lipman. ISBN 978-1-59863-189-0.
- "course curriculae" (PDF). Humanistinen Ammattikorkeakoulu (in Finnish). Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- Czech, Paul R. (March 21, 2007). "From Conception to Shrink Wrap: An Individualistic Approach to Producing the Progressive-Rock Audio Recording, “Paul Czech: 7 Songs”". Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Music in Music Technology in the College of Graduate Studies at Georgia Southern University, May 2007. . Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- Harlow, John (September 13, 2009). "Hollywood biteback". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- Swerdloff, Alexis (June 7, 2009). "First Bite". New York Magazine. Retrieved 11 September 2010.