|Also known as||Five Dollar Cover|
|Genre||Web series, Drama, Music, Mockumentary, Documentary, Indie Music|
|Created by||Craig Brewer|
|Directed by||Craig Brewer|
|Starring||Clare Grant, Amy LaVere, Al Kapone, Muck Sticky, Jeff Pope and Ben Nichols|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||David Gale, Craig Brewer|
|Producer(s)||Scott Bomar, Erin Hagee, David Harris|
|Production location(s)||Memphis, Tennessee|
|Running time||6 to 9 minutes|
$5 Cover was an online series created by filmmaker Craig Brewer and produced by MTV. It is a fictional series created to complement the documentary series "$5 Cover Amplified". The 15-part series debuted in May 2009 and feature artists from the city of Memphis, Tennessee, including Alicja Trout, Clare Grant, Jeff Pope, Amy LaVere, Al Kapone, Valerie June, Jack Oblivian, Brad Postlethwaite of Snowglobe, Muck Sticky, and Ben Nichols of Lucero. Each episode explores living and making rent in the historical, and still very active, Memphis music scene.
The show is described in MTV's official press release as "a rough-and-tumble show set in the clubs, all-night cafes and no-tell motels of present-day Memphis. The series follows a cast of young musicians as they fight for love, inspiration, and money to pay the rent."
The show aired on MTV as 30-minute episodes and on MTV.com as short webisodes.
A Seattle edition was released online in 2010.
- "Craig Brewer brings five dollar cover to memphis". Archived from the original on 2008-12-03. Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "$5 Cover Amplified". Archived from the original on 7 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-14.
- "$5 Cover:Seattle Coming Soon". Archived from the original on 10 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- Hay, Travis (December 27, 2010). "The full '$5 Cover: Seattle' project is finally out, and it's worth the wait". Crosscut.com.
- $5 Cover Preview Craig Brewer previews $5 Cover
- The Commercial Appeal Sellout crowds soak up Craig Brewer's "$5 Cover"
- $5 Dollar Cover Amplified (Actual documentary)
- $5 Cover on IMDb
- $5 Cover:Seattle on IMDb
|This article about Internet radio, Internet television, Web television or podcasting is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|