'Till I Collapse
|"'Till I Collapse"|
|Single by Eminem featuring Nate Dogg|
|from the album The Eminem Show|
|B-side||Instrumental / A cappella (12")|
|Eminem singles chronology|
"Till I Collapse" is a song by American rapper Eminem. It was released as a single from his fourth studio album, The Eminem Show, during 2002. It is the 18th track on the album, and features American rapper Nate Dogg in the chorus.
Although it has never been released as a single, it has recharted on a few occasions when other Eminem albums have been released. In 2012 it was certified double-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for digital sales of 2,000,000 copies in the United States.
In the second verse, Eminem makes references to several rappers who he believes are the best in the industry. The list, in descending order, is Reggie (Redman), Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., André 3000, Jadakiss, Kurupt, Nas and then himself.
David Browne wrote that this song is about underrating Eminem himself: "In songs like the trudging 'Till I Collapse (...) he tells how persecuted he's been by the government, how his lyrics are constantly misinterpreted, and how [he'll] probably never get the props [he]... [deserves]. DX Magazine called this song "massive hand-clap driven beat." Steve Juon wrote favourable review: "Wrapping up the album are "Till I Collapse," another surprisingly militaresque track." Kris Ex described "'Till I Collapse" as an "all paranoid horror-movie instrumentation bottomed with arena-rock grandeur." On October 9, 2013, WatchMojo.com rated 'Till I Collapse number 7 on their 'Top 10 Eminem Songs'.
Use in popular culture
Although "'Till I Collapse" was not released as a single, when the single "Shake That" (also featuring Nate Dogg) was released in 2006, several Eminem songs re-charted that same week, including this one. It charted in the United Kingdom at number 192 on 15 April 2006. In 2008, it appeared in HBO's Oscar de la Hoya – Manny Pacquiao 24/7. In 2009, it was used in an advert for the then-upcoming game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It raised digital download sales of the song worldwide considerably, but in Britain the song sold so many copies after the advert aired that it re-charted that week (21 November 2009) at number 73, a new peak. During the 2010–11 NBA season, the song was used during the Cleveland Cavaliers' team introductions. Shane Mosley used this song as an entrance theme with his bout with Floyd Mayweather as did Shane Carwin for his bout against Junior dos Santos. Major League Baseball pitcher Jesse Litsch used the song as his entrance music during the 2011 season. The song has also been used in the credits of the Season 8 premiere of Entourage. It was also used in September 2011 in the trailer and soundtrack for the film Real Steel, and in trailers and TV spots for the Oliver Stone-directed film Savages.
|1.||"'Till I Collapse"||4:57|
|1.||"'Till I Collapse" (Instrumental)||5:43|
|2.||"'Till I Collapse" (A cappella)||4:09|
Charts and certifications
|UK Singles Chart||192|
|UK Singles Chart||73|
|Irish Singles Chart||77|
|Billboard Hot Digital Songs||75|
|United States||2× Platinum||2,000,000|
- "Chart Log UK: E-40 - E-Z Rollers". zobbel.de. Retrieved 3 January 2011. Archived 17 May 2013 at WebCite
- riaa.com Archived 24 June 2013 at WebCite
- The Eminem Show Review | Music Reviews and News | EW.com Archived October 29, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Eminem - The Eminem Show (Advanced Copy) | Read Hip Hop Reviews, Rap Reviews & Hip Hop Album Reviews | HipHop DX Archived October 30, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- RapReviews.com Feature for May 28, 2002 - Eminem's "The Eminem Show" Archived 22 March 2013 at WebCite
- The Eminem Show | Album Reviews | Rolling Stone Archived December 15, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Billboard database query. Billboard.com. 25 December 2010. Archived March 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Net knives". Walkup Music. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Eminem Featuring Nate Dogg – 'Till I Collapse". Discogs. Retrieved February 17, 2016.
- "Irish Charts - Week ending 20th September 2012". Irish Recorded Music Association. Archived from the original on 21 September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Eminem - Italian Single and Album Certifications - FIMI
- RIAA - Gold & Platinum Searchable Database - May 09, 2014 Archived 24 November 2012 at WebCite