From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ', ‘, ’, or -' in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The ' character has number 39 in ASCII and code U+0027 in Unicode. It is used as:
- Apostrophe (as straight version of the ’ character);
- Single quotation mark (as straight version of the ‘ and ’ characters).
Other similarly looking characters include:
- Modifier letter apostrophe (ʼ)
- ʻOkina (ʻ)
- Modifier letter right half ring (ʾ)
- Modifier letter left half ring (ʿ)
- Prime (symbol) (′)
- Saltillo (linguistics) (Ꞌ ꞌ)
- Spiritus lenis (᾿)
- Stress (linguistics) (ˈ)
- Acute accent (´)
- Grave accent (`)
- Geresh (׳)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title '.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.