Áed in Gai Bernaig
Áed Ua Conchobair or Áed in Gai Bernaig was King of Connacht, and reigned 1046–1067.
King Art of Connacht was killed by the Cinel-Conaill in 1046, "the second year after his having plundered Cluain-mic-Nois."
M1061.12 - The Muintir-Murchadha invaded Loch Oirbsean, and deposed Aedh Ua Conchobhair. The victory of Gleann-Phadraig was gained by Aedh Ua Conchobhair over the people of West Connacht, where many were slain, together with Ruaidhrí. Ó Flaithbheartaigh, lord of West Connacht, was beheaded, and his head was carried to Cruachain in Connacht, after the son of Aedh, son of Ruaidhri, had been defeated.
M1062.5 - Tadhg, son of Aedh Ua Conchobhair, was slain by the son of Aedh, son of Ruaidhrí, and the people of West Connacht.
Family tree I
Cathal mac Conchobar mac Taidg, d. 1010. | |______________________________________________________________________________________________________ | | | | | | | | | | | | Dub Chablaigh Tadg in Eich Gil, d. 1030. Brian, Conchobor, In Cléirech, fl. 1044. Tadhg Díreach =Brian Boru =? d. 1029 fl. 1029. | | | | |_________ | | | | | An Gilla Lónach Domnall? Áed in Gai Bernaig, | | | King of Connacht, Tadg, Conchobar, | died 1067. d.1056. d. 1069. Diarmait, d. 1051.
- Leabhar na nGenealach, Dublin, 2004–2005
- Annals of the Four Masters, ed. John O'Donovan, Dublin, 1856
- Annals of Lough Ce, ed. W.M. Hennessey, London, 1871.
- Irish Kings and High Kings, Francis John Byrne, 3rd revised edition, Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2001. ISBN 978-1-85182-196-9
- Ua Conchobair, Freya Verstraten, in Seán Duffy (ed.), Medieval Ireland: An Encyclopedia. Routledge. 2005. pp. 464–6Ua
- Ua Conchobair, Aid in Gai Bernaig, Ailbhe Mac Shamhrain, in Dictionary of Irish Biography ... to the Year 2002: Volume 9, Staines - Z, 2010, pp. 567–569
Art Uallach Ua Ruairc
|Kings of Connacht
Áed Ua Ruairc
|This biography of a member of an Irish royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|