|Full name||Ágota Bujdosó|
2 June 1943 |
Bujdosó started her career in 1957 in Vasas and has spent her entire career by the Angyalföld-based team. She enjoyed her best spell in the seventies, having won the Hungarian Championship seven times in a row between 1972 and 1978 and capturing four Hungarian cup titles beside. In addition, she has reached the final of the European Champions Cup 1978, but lost out 19–14 against TSC Berlin.
For her services, the loyal shot-stopper was awarded the Golden Ring of Vasas SC in 1991.
Bujdosó made her debut in the Hungarian national team in 1965 and has won 168 caps until her retirement in 1977. From 1969 she was the captain of the team. She was present on several international competitions, first in 1971, when she has won bronze medal on the World Championship after beating Romania in the placement match. Two years later she played with Hungary for the bronze again, but this time the team have lost to the Soviet Union and finished fourth. In 1975, on her third and last World Championship she has collected another bronze medal.
She was also member of the team that played on the 1976 Olympic Games. In a tightly contested tournament, Hungary finished third, falling short to silver medallist Germany only on goal difference.
- Nemzeti Bajnokság I:
- Winner: 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978
- Bronze Medallist: 1967, 1969, 1971
- Magyar Kupa:
- Winner: 1969, 1971, 1974, 1976
- European Champions Cup:
- Finalist: 1978
- World Championship
- Bronze Medallist: 1971, 1975
- Olympic Games:
- Bronze Medallist: 1976
- Hungarian Handballer of the Year: 1973, 1975
- Golden Ring of Vasas SC: 1991
- "Ágota Bujdosó Biography and Olympic Results". Sports-reference.com. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Múltidéző – Bujdosó Ágota" (in Hungarian). Nemzeti Sportszövetség. 2 June 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Bújdosó Ágota, a Vasas SC legújabb aranygyűrűse" (in Hungarian). Vasas SC Archívum. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
|This biographical article related to Hungarian team handball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Olympic medalist of Hungary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|