Município de Água Preta
Location of Água Preta in Pernambuco
|Founded||July 3, 1892|
|• Mayor||Armando Souto (PDT, 2013-2016)|
|• Total||533.33 km2 (205.92 sq mi)|
|Elevation||93 m (305 ft)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BRT (UTC-3)|
Água Preta (Black Water) is a Brazilian municipality (city) in the state of Pernambuco. It covers 533.33 km2 (205.92 sq mi), and has a population of 35,344 with a population density of 1.28 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Água Preta was founded as a district of the municipality of Rio Formoso in 10 de novembro 1809. It became an independent municipality on July 3, 1895. The Praieira revolt (1848-1849), which originated Recife, spread to Água Preta in its first year. Captain Pedro Ivo Veloso da Silveira (? - 1852) took refuge in the forests of Agua Preta after the defeat of his faction in Recife and organized a guerrilla resistance for two years before his surrender.
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Zona da mata Pernambucana
- Boundaries - Ribeirão (N); Barreiros and Alagoas state (S); Palmares, Xexéu and Joaquim Nabuco (W); Tamandaré and Gameleira (E)
- Area - 533.33 km2 (205.92 sq mi)
- Elevation - 93 metres (305 ft)
- Hidrography - Una and Sirinhaém Rivers
- Vegetation - Subperenifólia forest
- Clima - hot, tropical, and humid
- Annual average temperature - 25.2 c
- Distance to Recife - 125 kilometres (78 mi)
|Population ||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- "Água Preta" (in Portuguese). Brasília, Brazil: Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatstica. 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "História" (in Portuguese). Água Preta, Pernambuco, Brazil: Prefeitura M. da Água Preta. 2015. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- http://www.ibge.gov.br/home/estatistica/populacao/estimativa2009/POP2009_DOU.pdf IBGE Population 2009 Água Preta, page 31]
- Água Preta 2007 GDP IBGE page 29
- PE State site - City by city profile
|This Pernambuco, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|