Águas de Lindoia
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: unnecessary information (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Águas de Lindoia|
Location in São Paulo state
|• Total||60.1 km2 (23.2 sq mi)|
|• Density||300/km2 (790/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BRT/BRST (UTC-3/-2)|
Águas de Lindoia (Lindoia Waters) is a Brazilian municipality of the state of São Paulo. The population is 18,313 (2015 est.) in an area of 60.1 km². It is a tourist spot in part due to its hot springs, being part of the Circuito das Águas, also including the cities of Amparo, Jaguariúna, Lindoia, Monte Alegre, Pedreira, Serra Negra and Socorro.
Before the 1900s, the location was only known by adventurers who crossed the woods searching for gold. Having contracted diseases during their journeys, these adventurers found the cure in the warm waters that flowed from the mountains. In 1909, the Italian doctor Francisco Tozzi learned from his father Henrique Tozzi about the medicinal properties of the Springs. Francisco lived in Serra Negra, and ended up buying the region auctioned by the government, making the property a public space.
Leisure and business
The city's population is 17,266 inhabitants. There are 1.500 apartments and 25 hotels with the capacity to host 5.000 guests per day, allowing it to host several large Congresses and conventions per year, some nearing in size to 4,000 participants.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística
- "Guia de Hotéis do Circuito das Águas Paulista SP - Hotéis, Turismo e Lazer". Circuitodasaguaspaulista.com.br. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "Cidades@ :: Águas de Lindóia - SP". IBGE. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "Censo 2010 - Resultados Censo 2010". Censo2010.ibge.gov.br. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "Portal Águas de Lindóia". Portalaguasdelindoia.com.br. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Águas de Lindoia.|
|This geographical article relating to the state of São Paulo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|