From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up álvares in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Ana Ida Alvares (born 1965), Brazilian volleyball player
- Francisco Álvares (1465–1541), Portuguese missionary and explorer
- Francisco Álvares, Portuguese missionary and explorer.
- João Álvares Fagundes (active in 1521), Portuguese explorer
- Jorge Álvares (died 1521), Portuguese explorer, reached China and Hong Kong
- Nuno Álvares Pereira (1360–1431), Portuguese general and constable of Portugal
- Pedro Álvares Cabral (about 1467 – about 1520), Portuguese navigator and explorer, discoverer of Brazil
- Origin of Álvares in a Portuguese genealogical site
- "Álvares Name Meaning and Origin". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 28 July 2009. For the etymology of the surname Álvares this web page cites: Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-508137-4.
|This page lists people with the surname Álvares. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|