|Full name||Ángel Domingo López Ruano|
|Date of birth||10 March 1981|
|Place of birth||Las Palmas, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right back / Midfielder|
|1998–2000||Las Palmas B|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Ángel Domingo López Ruano, known simply as Ángel (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈaŋxel ˈlopeθ]; born 10 March 1981), is a Spanish former professional footballer. An attacking right back, he could also operate as a right midfielder.
Ángel was born in Las Palmas, Canary Islands. After first appearing professionally with hometown's UD Las Palmas, playing 64 La Liga games from 2000 to 2002, he made a name for himself as a stamina-filled wingback at fellow league club RC Celta de Vigo, signing with the Galicians in the 2003 January transfer window. He appeared in 15 league matches during the second part of the season as the team qualified to the UEFA Champions League for the first time ever; however, also with the player as first-choice, they would be relegated at the end of the 2003–04 campaign.
On the last day of 2007–08's summer transfer deadline, Ángel joined Villarreal CF. During the season where the team dubbed the Yellow Submarine achieved a best-ever runner-up league position, he split right-back duties with veteran Javi Venta, a situation which again befell in the following campaign (22 matches for Venta, 21 for López).
In 2009–10, Ángel again battled with Venta for first-choice duties. On 4 April 2010 he scored his first goal for Villarreal, shooting from 30 yards to open the score at Real Valladolid in an eventual 2–0 win.
After Venta's departure to Levante UD, Ángel was the undisputed first-choice right-back. On 9 January 2011, during a 2–4 away loss against Real Madrid, he suffered a severe injury in his left knee – anterior cruciate ligament – being sidelined for the next six months.
- Ángel watches over Celta; UEFA, 13 February 2004
- "Ángel López" (in Spanish). Yo Jugué en el Celta. 10 April 2008. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Ángel: "Tengo ganas de jugar y no salir más del once titular"" [Ángel: "I'm looking forward to playing and staying in the starting XI for good"] (in Spanish). Marca. 27 November 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- Villarreal claim rare away win; ESPN Soccernet, 4 April 2010
- Ángel estará seis meses de baja (Ángel to miss six months); Marca, 12 January 2011 (in Spanish)
- "Marica da otro varapalo a la España de Luis" [Marica strikes another blow to Luis' Spain] (in Spanish). Marca. 15 November 2006. Retrieved 25 April 2014.