Ângelo Moreira da Costa Lima
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Ângelo Moreira da Costa Lima|
|Born||June 29, 1887
Rio de Janeiro, Neutral Municipality, Empire of Brazil
Rio de Janeiro, Guanabara, Brazil
|Institutions||Universidade Federal Rural
do Rio de Janeiro
|Known for||"Father of Brazilian entomology"|
|Author abbrev. (zoology)||Costa Lima|
Ângelo Moreira da Costa Lima (1887–1964) was the foremost Brazilian entomologist of his time, and his still-consulted works continue to assure his place in the history of science as the "Father" of Brazilian entomology.
- The legacy of Costa Lima rests on his many contributions to Brazilian entomology. His Terceiro Catálogo was for many years the most consulted work on Brazilian plant-insect associations. It has since been replaced by the Quarto Catálogo that was directly based on Costa Lima's earlier work.
- Costa Lima’s Insetos do Brasil in eleven volumes is a valuable resource on Brazilian entomology and is regularly consulted even today.
- Honorary Fellow of the Association for Tropical Biology (and Conservation) 1963,
- d’Araújo e Silva, A. G., Gonçalves, C. R., Galvão, D. M., et al.. (1967–1968). Quarto catálogo dos insetos que vivem nas plantas do Brasil, seus parasitos e predadores. Rio de Janeiro.
- Bloch, P. (1968). Vida e obra de Ângelo Moreira da Costa Lima . Rio de Janeiro: Conselho Nacional de Pesquisas.
- Costa Lima, A. M. (1936). Terceiro catálogo dos insetos que vivem nas plantas do Brasil. Seus parasitos e predadores. Rio de Janeiro: Diretoria de Estatistica da Produção. Ministerio da Agricultura.
- Costa Lima, A. M. (1938–1960). Insetos do Brasil, v. 1-11. Rio de Janeiro: Escola Nacional de Agronomia.
|This Brazilian scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an entomologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|