Ämari Air Base
Ämari Air Base
Insignia of the Ämari Air Base
|Operator||Estonian Air Force, NATO|
|Elevation AMSL||68 ft / 21 m|
Ämari Air Base [note 1] (ICAO: EEEI) is a military airbase in Harjumaa, Estonia located 7 km (4.3 mi) south of Lake Klooga and 20 nautical miles (37 km; 23 mi) southwest of Tallinn. The length of the runway does not include a 250 m (820 ft) overrun at each end.
Estonian Air Force Air Surveillance Wing was created on 1 January 1998 and is located at the Ämari Air Base.
After Estonia's accession to NATO in 2004, Ämari Air Base was made NATO interoperable. In September 2010, the renewed runway was officially inaugurated.
- Also given in references as Suurküla (original Estonian name), Vasalemma, Emari, Suurkyul, Shuurkyul, and Shuurkul - last forms of the Estonian names are derivates of names Russian-speaking military personnel used when it was used by the Soviet military."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ämari Air Base.|
- "eAIP Estonia". Estonian Air Navigation Services (ANS). Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Aviatsiya VMF". Aviabaza KPOI.
- "Augmenting Baltic Air Policing Nations hand over responsibility". NATO. 2016.
- "NATO opens an air base in Estonia". estonianworld.com. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- AirForces Monthly. Stamford, Lincolnshire, England: Key Publishing Ltd. November 2015. p. 15.
- Glorious photos of US F-22 fighter jets arriving in Russia's backyard in Business Insider, published September 2015