Åre Östersund Airport
|Åre Östersund Airport|
|Serves||Östersund & Åre|
|Elevation AMSL||1,233 ft / 376 m|
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal charter: Rhodes|
|Air Europa||Seasonal charter: Palma de Mallorca|
|Croatia Airlines||Seasonal charter: Split|
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Freebird Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Novair||Seasonal charter: Rhodes|
|TUIfly||Seasonal charter: Gran Canaria|
Seasonal: Gothenburg, Malmö
Airport Coaches (Stadsbussarna) departs from the airport to down town Östersund. In the winter, Åre Flygtransfer, departs in connection to every SAS and Nextjet flights, to and from Åre.
There is a taxi stand at the airport.
There is parking at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking lots.
Östersund hosted a round of the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship in 2012 and 2013.
Incidents and accidents
- On 9 September 2007 an MD83 took off for a charter flight bound for Antalya, Turkey. The plane was overloaded and left the runway very late and touched the landing light equipment that was placed outside the runway. It continued to Antalya where it landed normally.
- "Statistics". Swedavia. Archived from the original on 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "A34386 flight history". flightradar24.com. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "A34387 flight history". flightradar24.com. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Statens haverikommission – Rapport RL 2009:14
Media related to Åre-Östersund Airport at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about an airport in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|